Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectwhich car would you buy/recommend and why?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=32796
32796, which car would you buy/recommend and why?
Posted by lild14, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looking at an addition to the fleet. im looking for a new car that is not expensive, good gas mileage, cargo space and comfortable amount of room. i have narrowed it down to these 4 choices. i must say, i like every one of them, however i am looking for some real world opinions from those who own one themselves or know of someone who does. TIA guys

edit: the car will be strictly a dd meaning no mods.

Poll question: which car would you buy/recommend and why?

Poll result (7 votes)
suzuki sx4 hatchback (0 votes)Vote
scion xd (0 votes)Vote
scion tc (5 votes)Vote
honda fit (2 votes)Vote

32797, RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Its more family'ish, But I love the 06+ Monte Carlo's.

As a tech, I have yet to see any problems with any aspect of those cars besides noisey steering shafts, which is a simple fix that GM came out with a new design.

I personally dont like Honda, Toyota, or Ford so each to their own.
32798, RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?
Posted by totaleklipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Out of your list.. not out of personal experience, but I think the Tc would be the most stylish and I haven't heard anything too bad about them (not to say there isn't, every car has problems). It's a car I've considered myself given the reasonable price range of them also.
32799, RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
eventhough it has tiny little balls, i'd go with the fit.
if you look at "Spoon" for instance, they are doing some crazy things with those things in Japan.

second choice would be the TC, they look good and are getting good aftermarket support to make good power and performance
32800, RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My younger sister has an 08 TC and I was kinda surprised and how nice it was. Comes with a load of options ect and is built pretty decent.

Terry
32801, RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?
Posted by CopperEclipse96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my buddy has a tC... not bad cars for the money. I might look att picking up a used one for a commuter... haven't really priced them yet though.
33013, RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Car: Fit

Reason: Honda
33017, RE: which car would you buy/recommend and why?
Posted by lild14, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
getting a scion xb :) toyota is just as good IMO. i test drove the fit, xb,xd and tc. the fit lacks balls, the xb and tc have decent power and get about the same mileage as the fit. ive decided on the xb, possibly the limited production run if my dealer can get it. :) woop woop
I generated this page in 0.017430067062378 seconds, executing 9 queries.