Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9515
View in linear mode

Subject: "$9.00 Air Dam Mod" Previous topic | Next topic
gzrs99May-20-02 03:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
108 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9515, "$9.00 Air Dam Mod"

Hey I found a Cheap alternative to the RMracing Chin Spoiler. The $9.00 air dam mod. check under www.msnusers.com/MileHighTalon/9frontairdam.msnw
It looks pretty good try it out.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, UNSpooled95GS, May-20-02 05:05 PM, #1
RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, mitsuman, May-20-02 05:19 PM, #2
RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, fasterGS, May-21-02 01:43 AM, #3
      RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, FuSi0N, May-21-02 03:04 AM, #4
RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, ajna_star, Apr-25-04 08:44 PM, #20
RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, Niclipse, May-21-02 03:36 AM, #5
RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, UNSpooled95GS, May-21-02 05:07 PM, #6
      RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, HadesOmega, May-21-02 06:46 PM, #7
RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, gzrs99, May-24-02 05:27 AM, #8
RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, Danny95ESI, May-24-02 07:20 AM, #9
RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, winggy96, Apr-11-04 11:17 AM, #16
      RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, turbo8u, Apr-11-04 11:40 AM, #17
           RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, Nackers, Apr-18-04 12:05 PM, #18
                RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod, Uberingram, Apr-18-04 12:31 PM, #19
wow..., Skrilla, May-24-02 08:10 PM, #10
RE: wow..., 98GST16, May-25-02 07:16 AM, #11
      RE: wow..., Tytanfoxx, May-25-02 02:26 PM, #12
           RE: wow..., jdpilot, May-26-02 11:29 AM, #13
                RE: wow..., 9D9 MITSU RS, May-27-02 06:27 PM, #14
                     RE: wow..., Clay, May-30-02 03:52 AM, #15
                          RE: wow..., Skrilla, Apr-26-04 12:44 PM, #21

UNSpooled95GSMay-20-02 05:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
234 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9516, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 0

A stick my friend, is what you need to be beaten with.What the hell were you thinking posting this on here? That is quite possibly the gayest piece of crap I have ever seen (no offense to gay people) Anybody with me on this??????

Green 95 GS 5-speed
Engine--PCP cold air intake,Greddy header,Accel 8mm wires,OBX custom exhuast.

Suspension/Brakes--Sprint 2' springs, KYB Gr2's, EBC Red Stuff pads,17" Konig Traffiks (silver), 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES100's, 15 dollar camber kit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mitsumanMay-20-02 05:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#9517, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 1

wow there take it easy cowboy. IMO that chin lip thing is ugly. it looks like you are a cheap ass. but hey dont be that hard on him. damm

"Proud to be, a 2gnt" (was)

-mitsuman

Turbo:
1. HRC STG 2
2. Blits SS BOV

Exhaust:
1. Greddy Power Extreme

Exterior:
1. C/F hood du!!

Ride:
1. Motegi MR7 17'' wrapped
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17
2. H&R Sport Springs

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

Electronics:
1. HKS TT(sitting in room)
2. Apexi S-afc(sitting in
room)
3. Corbin's A/F
guage(sitting in room)

Body:
1. Blitz front end(sitting in
room)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. Injectors
2. Howell rebuild kit.

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

fasterGSMay-21-02 01:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9518, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 2

I would not put that on my car, but to each their own. Where you live in Colorado?? Because I could see something like that if you live in the mountains where you are dealing with snow a lot. Props for ingenuity though. BTW I live just outside of Denver.

FuSi0NMay-21-02 03:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#9519, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 3

Looks ghetto to me.

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

ajna_starApr-25-04 08:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
#23647, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by UNSpooled95GS
A stick my friend, is what you need to be beaten with.

LOOLKKLLLLLLLLLLLLL

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

NiclipseMay-21-02 03:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
#9520, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 0

I've actually seen this done to a white ford probe and it looked decent. Obviously, the screws were painted black to match, etc. so it didnt look totally ghetto.

This type of mod works better on bumpers that stick out farther and the trim needs to be mounted closer to the back. This is why it looks like dump on the eclipse.

UNSpooled95GSMay-21-02 05:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
234 posts,
#9521, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah I got a little outta control there.I was on DSMTalk earlier and the people there piss me off (i love proving them wrong!) but i still maintain that that is a piece of crap.looks like something the people who live in trailer parks in my town do to theyre Cavaliers from the 80's

Green 95 GS 5-speed
Engine--PCP cold air intake,Greddy header,Accel 8mm wires,OBX custom exhuast.

Suspension/Brakes--Sprint 2' springs, KYB Gr2's, EBC Red Stuff pads,17" Konig Traffiks (silver), 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES100's, 15 dollar camber kit.

HadesOmegaMay-21-02 06:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#9522, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 6

hmm that's not a bad deal there. If it actually worx it's cool. That lip looks like it creates more drag than downforce though. you gotta kinda angle it. Maybe if you bent it with a heat gun at an angle it'll be more useful. Haha that thing will scrape like a mofo though. Hey I'm all for ghetto mods looks at my car ghetto all the way baby! Too bad I took all that air dam stuff off my bumper to install the FMIC though I could probably use bolts.

Try going to the junkyard take some lips off of CRXs and stuff. My cousin did that for his 86. ALl you have to do is trim it. Hehe finding one that fits is the tough part.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

gzrs99May-24-02 05:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
108 posts,
#9523, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 0

9.00 Mod Dont every one freak out on it. I merely Post it to promote new ideas. There My be a Dsm owner out there that may use/borrow an idea to make it better or create a totally new product. Just because its cheap/Ghetto does'nt mean it may be useful. Hey good mods came from cheap ideas ie ... Gutter guard mod,$15 camber, third tail light, HVAC color change, HurricaneGS Strut Bars :>.

Danny95ESIMay-24-02 07:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
900 posts,
#9524, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 8

I think that mod would contribute towards "RICE". So make sure none of you on the board do this.

Also, maybe it looks ghetto cuz' the guy's TSI has those extra fog lights that make his car look like it has rabbit buck teeth. LMAO

winggy96Apr-11-04 11:17 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
8 posts,
#23465, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by gzrs99
9.00 Mod Dont every one freak out on it. I merely Post it to promote new ideas. There My be a Dsm owner out there that may use/borrow an idea to make it better or create a totally new product. Just because its cheap/Ghetto does'nt mean it may be useful. Hey good mods came from cheap ideas ie ... Gutter guard mod,$15 camber, third tail light, HVAC color change, HurricaneGS Strut Bars :>.

Well, I'm looking at doing something simliar for my '97 Talon. I currently live in Germany and yeah, the lift generated by the front end makes driving at speeds above 110 mph a little tougher. Incidently, the drag created by the Talon front-end limits ultimate top speed on my NT....

"When I see an accident, I put my foot down--HARD--because I know everyone else is lifting his."

turbo8uApr-11-04 11:40 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#23466, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by winggy96
Originally posted by gzrs99 9.00 Mod Dont every one freak out on it. I merely Post it to promote new ideas. There My be a Dsm owner out there that may use/borrow an idea to make it better or create a totally new product. Just because its cheap/Ghetto does'nt mean it may be useful. Hey good mods came from cheap ideas ie ... Gutter guard mod,$15 camber, third tail light, HVAC color change, HurricaneGS Strut Bars :>.
Well, I'm looking at doing something simliar for my '97 Talon. I currently live in Germany and yeah, the lift generated by the front end makes driving at speeds above 110 mph a little tougher. Incidently, the drag created by the Talon front-end limits ultimate top speed on my NT....

lmao, this thread is like 3 years old bro

"limits ultimate top end'

im sorry but thats just hilarious

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

silent souls leave .308 holes

NackersApr-18-04 12:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#23581, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 17

I got scared when I saw 9D9 on there. I thought they let him back on or something.

Either way, "82" of 4 3/4" wide professional-grade lawn edging." Thats just too stupid.

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

UberingramApr-18-04 12:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#23582, "RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by Nackers
I got scared when I saw 9D9 on there. I thought they let him back on or something. Either way, "82" of 4 3/4" wide professional-grade lawn edging." Thats just too stupid.

This thread was on it's way to die again after 7 days of no one posting in it and you brought it up again. Good job, chief.

SkrillaMay-24-02 08:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#9525, "wow..."
In response to Reply # 0

...but here's my 2 cents.

1. It looks like shit
2. The idea is sound but I'm sure something with more aesthetic appeal could be made. Like one for 20-50 bucks which would have a paint job maybe, maybe not as low and not the ugly silver from the screws showing up, which is the worst part(just makes me cringe). I know www.RMDSM.com sells a more attractive one, but it gives you a clue as to what one would be looking for, for looks and functionality. I bet if that originator of the design pictured above had more than 9 bucks he could have something a bit more special(or less special-looking?!).

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

98GST16May-25-02 07:16 AM
Member since Jan 20th 2002
312 posts,
#9526, "RE: wow..."
In response to Reply # 10

Now I know what NOT to do with leftover lawn edging.

TytanfoxxMay-25-02 02:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
255 posts,
#9527, "RE: wow..."
In response to Reply # 11

That has to be worst mod I've seen here yet, c'mon this is a joke right, it looks worst that the stuff those old men used to put across the back of their pickups trying to make mudflaps and then they would stick all of those 89 girls everywhere and horseshoes to boot. Okay I know we all want to save a couple of dollars here and there but this is ridiculous. And one more thing, all of those fog lights, total overkill unless you intend to use that airdam as a snow shovel and rescue someone in a blizzard.

"one mans trash is another mans pleasure"

96 Black GS
Fog Light Mod-Custom Built Foxx 2K2 Short Air Intake-18" Konig Verdicts wraped in 225/45 Toyo Proxes still waiting for them from Treadepot, Ground Control coilovers, Foxx 2k2 Short Shifter-Indy shifter knob,Grabber Green Brake Caliper Mod

BOOST!-Tis far better to have it and not need it-than to need and not have it.

96 Black GS
Fog Light Mod*Custom Built Foxx 2K2 Short Air Intake* Foxx 2k2

jdpilotMay-26-02 11:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#9528, "RE: wow..."
In response to Reply # 12

Nasty looking dam, trailer trash!!

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

9D9 MITSU RSMay-27-02 06:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#9529, "RE: wow..."
In response to Reply # 13

that's almost like the civic that made a ground effects kit from gutters. :X

ClayMay-30-02 03:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#9530, "RE: wow..."
In response to Reply # 14

if the owner lowers it 2-3 inches more. it could be a snow plow.

95 GST | So-Cal

SkrillaApr-26-04 12:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#23654, "RE: wow..."
In response to Reply # 15

you should get beat for bringing this thread back to life look at how old my post there is

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9515 Previous topic | Next topic