Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subject$9.00 Air Dam Mod
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9515
9515, $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by gzrs99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey I found a Cheap alternative to the RMracing Chin Spoiler. The $9.00 air dam mod. check under www.msnusers.com/MileHighTalon/9frontairdam.msnw
It looks pretty good try it out.
9516, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by UNSpooled95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A stick my friend, is what you need to be beaten with.What the hell were you thinking posting this on here? That is quite possibly the gayest piece of crap I have ever seen (no offense to gay people) Anybody with me on this??????
9517, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by mitsuman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow there take it easy cowboy. IMO that chin lip thing is ugly. it looks like you are a cheap ass. but hey dont be that hard on him. damm

"Proud to be, a 2gnt" (was) :)

-mitsuman

Turbo:
1. HRC STG 2
2. Blits SS BOV

Exhaust:
1. Greddy Power Extreme

Exterior:
1. C/F hood du!!

Ride:
1. Motegi MR7 17'' wrapped
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17
2. H&R Sport Springs

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

Electronics:
1. HKS TT(sitting in room)
2. Apexi S-afc(sitting in
room)
3. Corbin's A/F
guage(sitting in room)

Body:
1. Blitz front end(sitting in
room)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. Injectors
2. Howell rebuild kit.
9518, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would not put that on my car, but to each their own. Where you live in Colorado?? Because I could see something like that if you live in the mountains where you are dealing with snow a lot. Props for ingenuity though. BTW I live just outside of Denver.
9519, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by FuSi0N, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks ghetto to me.
23647, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by ajna_star, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by UNSpooled95GS
A stick my friend, is what you need to be beaten with.

LOOLKKLLLLLLLLLLLLL
9520, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by Niclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've actually seen this done to a white ford probe and it looked decent. Obviously, the screws were painted black to match, etc. so it didnt look totally ghetto.

This type of mod works better on bumpers that stick out farther and the trim needs to be mounted closer to the back. This is why it looks like dump on the eclipse.
9521, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by UNSpooled95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah I got a little outta control there.I was on DSMTalk earlier and the people there piss me off (i love proving them wrong!) but i still maintain that that is a piece of crap.looks like something the people who live in trailer parks in my town do to theyre Cavaliers from the 80's
9522, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hmm that's not a bad deal there. If it actually worx it's cool. That lip looks like it creates more drag than downforce though. you gotta kinda angle it. Maybe if you bent it with a heat gun at an angle it'll be more useful. Haha that thing will scrape like a mofo though. Hey I'm all for ghetto mods looks at my car ghetto all the way baby! Too bad I took all that air dam stuff off my bumper to install the FMIC though :( I could probably use bolts.

Try going to the junkyard take some lips off of CRXs and stuff. My cousin did that for his 86. ALl you have to do is trim it. Hehe finding one that fits is the tough part.
9523, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by gzrs99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
9.00 Mod Dont every one freak out on it. I merely Post it to promote new ideas. There My be a Dsm owner out there that may use/borrow an idea to make it better or create a totally new product. Just because its cheap/Ghetto does'nt mean it may be useful. Hey good mods came from cheap ideas ie ... Gutter guard mod,$15 camber, third tail light, HVAC color change, HurricaneGS Strut Bars :>.

9524, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by Danny95ESI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think that mod would contribute towards "RICE". So make sure none of you on the board do this.

Also, maybe it looks ghetto cuz' the guy's TSI has those extra fog lights that make his car look like it has rabbit buck teeth. LMAO
23465, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by winggy96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by gzrs99
9.00 Mod Dont every one freak out on it. I merely Post it to promote new ideas. There My be a Dsm owner out there that may use/borrow an idea to make it better or create a totally new product. Just because its cheap/Ghetto does'nt mean it may be useful. Hey good mods came from cheap ideas ie ... Gutter guard mod,$15 camber, third tail light, HVAC color change, HurricaneGS Strut Bars :>.

Well, I'm looking at doing something simliar for my '97 Talon. I currently live in Germany and yeah, the lift generated by the front end makes driving at speeds above 110 mph a little tougher. Incidently, the drag created by the Talon front-end limits ultimate top speed on my NT....
23466, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by winggy96
Originally posted by gzrs99 9.00 Mod Dont every one freak out on it. I merely Post it to promote new ideas. There My be a Dsm owner out there that may use/borrow an idea to make it better or create a totally new product. Just because its cheap/Ghetto does'nt mean it may be useful. Hey good mods came from cheap ideas ie ... Gutter guard mod,$15 camber, third tail light, HVAC color change, HurricaneGS Strut Bars :>.
Well, I'm looking at doing something simliar for my '97 Talon. I currently live in Germany and yeah, the lift generated by the front end makes driving at speeds above 110 mph a little tougher. Incidently, the drag created by the Talon front-end limits ultimate top speed on my NT....

lmao, this thread is like 3 years old bro

"limits ultimate top end'

im sorry but thats just hilarious

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

silent souls leave .308 holes

23581, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by Nackers, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got scared when I saw 9D9 on there. I thought they let him back on or something.

Either way, "82" of 4 3/4" wide professional-grade lawn edging." Thats just too stupid.
23582, RE: $9.00 Air Dam Mod
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Nackers
I got scared when I saw 9D9 on there. I thought they let him back on or something. Either way, "82" of 4 3/4" wide professional-grade lawn edging." Thats just too stupid.

This thread was on it's way to die again after 7 days of no one posting in it and you brought it up again. Good job, chief. :thumbsup
9525, wow...
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
...but here's my 2 cents.

1. It looks like shit
2. The idea is sound but I'm sure something with more aesthetic appeal could be made. Like one for 20-50 bucks which would have a paint job maybe, maybe not as low and not the ugly silver from the screws showing up, which is the worst part(just makes me cringe). I know www.RMDSM.com sells a more attractive one, but it gives you a clue as to what one would be looking for, for looks and functionality. I bet if that originator of the design pictured above had more than 9 bucks he could have something a bit more special(or less special-looking?!).
9526, RE: wow...
Posted by 98GST16, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Now I know what NOT to do with leftover lawn edging.
9527, RE: wow...
Posted by Tytanfoxx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That has to be worst mod I've seen here yet, c'mon this is a joke right, it looks worst that the stuff those old men used to put across the back of their pickups trying to make mudflaps and then they would stick all of those 89 girls everywhere and horseshoes to boot. Okay I know we all want to save a couple of dollars here and there but this is ridiculous. And one more thing, all of those fog lights, total overkill unless you intend to use that airdam as a snow shovel and rescue someone in a blizzard.

"one mans trash is another mans pleasure"

96 Black GS
Fog Light Mod-Custom Built Foxx 2K2 Short Air Intake-18" Konig Verdicts wraped in 225/45 Toyo Proxes still waiting for them from Treadepot, Ground Control coilovers, Foxx 2k2 Short Shifter-Indy shifter knob,Grabber Green Brake Caliper Mod

9528, RE: wow...
Posted by jdpilot, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nasty looking dam, trailer trash!!
9529, RE: wow...
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that's almost like the civic that made a ground effects kit from gutters. :X
9530, RE: wow...
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if the owner lowers it 2-3 inches more. it could be a snow plow.
23654, RE: wow...
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you should get beat for bringing this thread back to life look at how old my post there is
I generated this page in 0.011905193328857 seconds, executing 7 queries.