Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6767
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need some help on lowering, struts." Previous topic | Next topic
96StockTalonFeb-17-02 05:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
27 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6767, "Need some help on lowering, struts."

Need new struts. While I am replacing the struts I want to lower my car about 1.5". Can I get away with doing this for around $300-$350? If so what spring and struts will be the best for the money? Thanks for the help in advance.

Jamie

jamie_spencer_2000@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Need some help on lowering, struts., Grashper, Feb-17-02 05:56 AM, #1
RE: Need some help on lowering, struts., damasta, Feb-17-02 06:10 AM, #2
      RE: Need some help on lowering, struts., Amish_Eclipse, Feb-17-02 01:30 PM, #3
           RE: Need some help on lowering, struts., ModeratoreclipzGST, Feb-17-02 02:58 PM, #4
RE: Need some help on lowering, struts., eclipsekaiser, Feb-17-02 02:59 PM, #5
RE: Need some help on lowering, struts., JJPhatStrat, Feb-18-02 01:37 PM, #6
RE: Need some help on lowering, struts., drewcalli, Feb-19-02 02:17 AM, #7
RE: Need some help on lowering, struts., eclipsekaiser, Feb-19-02 07:39 AM, #8
RE: Need some help on lowering, struts., 96StockTalon, Feb-19-02 08:14 AM, #9
RE: Need some help on lowering, struts., Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-19-02 10:09 AM, #10
      eclispegst, Amish_Eclipse, Feb-19-02 02:29 PM, #11

GrashperFeb-17-02 05:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6768, "RE: Need some help on lowering, struts."
In response to Reply # 0

Do a search Bro. Not being rude but your question has been answered many times. Try it you might like it!

no more 420A

only 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

damastaFeb-17-02 06:10 AM
Member since Dec 16th 2001
302 posts,
#6769, "RE: Need some help on lowering, struts."
In response to Reply # 1

Tokico Blues (4 struts for $202.64 @ www.gmpperformance.com , that's the cheapest I've EVER seen them) and most springs will run the same $$$ wise. Most people like Eibach, I've got H&R, there's also Suspension Techniques, Neuspeed and some others. The best place to get springs would be www.thepartstrader.com or www.dsmtrader.com if you don't mind going with used ones. Mine were used when I got them, there's nothing really that can go wrong with them. Either way, new or used, you should be able to get springs and the Tokico's for less than $350 easy.

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

Amish_EclipseFeb-17-02 01:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#6770, "RE: Need some help on lowering, struts."
In response to Reply # 2

or you could just by koni yellows. they lower you all around about an inch. not under 350 though

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

ModeratoreclipzGSTFeb-17-02 02:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6771, "RE: Need some help on lowering, struts."
In response to Reply # 3

Please explain to me how new struts alone will lower your car.

-Tony 98'GST
eclipzgst@charter.net

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

eclipsekaiserFeb-17-02 02:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#6772, "RE: Need some help on lowering, struts."
In response to Reply # 0

Hands down the best springs out there IMO are the Eibach Prokits. i have the RSR which are the same spring rate as eibach. prokits have good spring rate for track racing, street driving, and the occasional off road rallying.

depending on $$$, if you got it go for the Konis. If not the tockico adjustables are the best for the $$$. I have heard the tockico blues going bad after a while.

there are mix feelings on whether you will need a camber kit aftering going 1.3 to 1.5" drop. some cars need it and some don't. typically the rear will camber out more than the front. For my car I just went with the RRE rear camber kit and added washers according to how much I want to correct in the rear. My front was okay.

hope this answers some of your question on lowering your car.

kaiser

-K-

JJPhatStratFeb-18-02 01:37 PM
Member since Dec 10th 2001
471 posts,
#6773, "RE: Need some help on lowering, struts."
In response to Reply # 5

I picked up tokico blues and eibach sportlines for a total of $202.50 off ebay. Dont forget that youre gonna have to get an alignment too though...which will probably run you $80 to have it done right. (Be careful there too...I heard some places will try and screw you so take it to somewhere that deals with a lot of lowered cars) Otherwise you run the risk of scrubbing your tires down in like 4-5K miles, when they should last you 25-30K. Check the pic in my sig...taken the day I put the new springs and struts on. They were pretty used, so I didnt have to worry about any settling...and they seem to be holding up very well...theyre awesome!

Pictures -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/carpics.htm

Tunes -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/mp3page.htm

drewcalliFeb-19-02 02:17 AM
Member since Feb 06th 2002
13 posts,
#6774, "RE: Need some help on lowering, struts."
In response to Reply # 0

i was wondering if anyone knows if coilovers off of a regular gs will fit a eclipse spyder??????

i know this is off the subject but i figured that some of you guys would know.

eclipsekaiserFeb-19-02 07:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#6775, "RE: Need some help on lowering, struts."
In response to Reply # 7

funny you should ask, I believe they shoudl fit without a problem. The suspension between a GS and a Spyder is the same and hence I don't see why they would be different.

kaiser

-K-

96StockTalonFeb-19-02 08:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
27 posts,
#6776, "RE: Need some help on lowering, struts."
In response to Reply # 0

Now where do I find the write-up on how to change the struts and springs? I am ready to do it. I had it but now I can't find it! Need as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Jamie

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-19-02 10:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#6777, "RE: Need some help on lowering, struts."
In response to Reply # 9

go with eibach pro-kit springs, if your looking for a 1-1.5" drop.

96ESi Mods
apex'i dunk exhaust
*more mods when i get the cash*

I contributed to the Wiki.

Amish_EclipseFeb-19-02 02:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#6778, "eclispegst"
In response to Reply # 10

well first of all if the rod in th strut is shorter the car will sit lower and koni notes as a disclaimer that the yellows will lower you an inc

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6767 Previous topic | Next topic