Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4162
View in linear mode

Subject: "What other stock wheels?" Previous topic | Next topic
grneclipseNov-20-01 05:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4162, "What other stock wheels?"

K, the rubber is just about toast on the 18's, nobody wants to sell 14s around me for the price that i'm looking for (after all, i don't need them, that's why i sold mine at crackhead prices,) and if I'm going to spend the kind of money that people around here want for their 14's I might as well get a decent pair of alloys off another car or something, I know what the bolt pattern for our cars are 5 x 114.3, but I need to konw what other cars have this same bolt pattern? A neon? I got a dude willing to sell his stockers for 50 bucks but I don't feel like jacking up the cars and trying them on, so if anybody knows a list of cars taht will work, let me know!

Don't have the stock Eclipse anymore
Just a stock Gsr now,

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What other stock wheels?, 1TuffRS, Nov-20-01 05:39 PM, #1
RE: What other stock wheels?, iamnotwhoiam, Nov-21-01 01:13 AM, #2
RE: What other stock wheels?, jZa, Nov-21-01 03:30 PM, #3
      RE: What other stock wheels?, grneclipse, Nov-22-01 02:32 PM, #4
           RE: What other stock wheels?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Nov-22-01 03:52 PM, #5
                RE: What other stock wheels?, grneclipse, Nov-23-01 03:28 AM, #6
                     RE: What other stock wheels?, TeamMichael_97RS, Nov-23-01 03:56 AM, #7
                          RE: What other stock wheels?, koolade9, Nov-23-01 04:27 PM, #8
                               RE: What other stock wheels?, grneclipse, Nov-23-01 05:58 PM, #9
                                    RE: What other stock wheels?, koolade9, Nov-24-01 09:16 AM, #10
                                         RE: What other stock wheels?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Nov-24-01 09:48 AM, #11
                                         RE: What other stock wheels?, grneclipse, Nov-24-01 03:49 PM, #12
                                              RE: What other stock wheels?, jZa, Nov-25-01 11:41 AM, #13

1TuffRSNov-20-01 05:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4163, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 0

I know avenger, sebring, 300M(basically all the big chryslers, even the vans), all year eclipses, rx7's will fit, and I have heard of someone putting 18 in jag wheels on his 1g. I asked this question a while ago and no one responded so this is what i know.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

iamnotwhoiamNov-21-01 01:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#4164, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 0

also i believe some ford cars... mustang and probe have the same bolt pattern..

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

jZaNov-21-01 03:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#4165, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 2

i think probes work. Do they have to be 14's? Why not get stock 16s, people alwasy let them go for cheap, you can also look for 1g wheels

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

grneclipseNov-22-01 02:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
#4166, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 3

LoL, cheap to other people are expensive to others, MOst people want like 250+ for stock 16's and for stock 14's like 150, and like I said, I only need them for a couple of months while I look around for some 17';s and sell my 18's. Any other car's guys? So no neons blacks are going to work huh? Like I said, I got some guy willing sell me his at dirt price but I'm lazy and don't feel like trying to try the wheel on my car if I can just find out on the internet.
Mick

Just a stock Gsr now,

ModeratorEvuLFleANov-22-01 03:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#4167, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 4

5 x 4 3/4 wont fit on our cars. You know what I mean

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

grneclipseNov-23-01 03:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
#4168, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 5

damns straight I do...lol

Just a stock Gsr now,

TeamMichael_97RSNov-23-01 03:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#4169, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 6

The neon alloys I belive have the same bolt patternm but tire size is different by a lot your speedo will be off.

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All Motor Beast in the Making

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold, Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

koolade9Nov-23-01 04:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4170, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 7

pretty much any chrysler wheel, ford probe, mazda mx6, 626, etc... honda accord(whichever honda is 5 lug), mustang will not work(5 on 100mm), someone told me lexus(like you'll find those cheap anyway)....

goto ebay and look for people sellin wheels for our cars, you'll find somebody with an ad that shows every car w/a 5 on 114.3mm pattern.

grneclipseNov-23-01 05:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
#4171, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 8

Michael: So the Neon bolt pattern is 5 by 4.5 (114.3)? And by tire size would offset the speedo, do you mean it would make it off by higher or a lower margin? Give me an example please...

Koolade: Actually I sold my first set of wheels to a ford mustang, and it bolted right up. SOooooooooooo...i'm assuming if my wheels bolted right up to it, than a Mustangs should bolt right up to ours? HOwever I camaro bolt pattern won't fit ours because and I quote "It is a rear wheel drive vehicle, and the pattern is 5 x 4.75" from the local muscleheads up here.....

So is this CONFIRMATION that a NEON STOCK BLIZZACK will fit on my car?? I dont' want to get my hands dirty for nothign....haha...j.k...sorta....

Just a stock Gsr now,

koolade9Nov-24-01 09:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4172, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 9

did your wheels have a dual lug set on them?? when I called whalen tire to see what cars my wheels would fit on, mustangs/thunderbirds/new celicas, all had 5 on 100mm.

if they fit using the exact same bolt pattern, what year mustang was it???

ModeratorEvuLFleANov-24-01 09:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#4173, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 10

All mustangs. Celicas are 5x100 though.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

grneclipseNov-24-01 03:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
#4174, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 10

Nope, I had some crappy American Racing Tri-Splits, and they only had one bolt pattern on them and we did a direct swap from a 95 mustang gt and my Rs....soo...

Just a stock Gsr now,

jZaNov-25-01 11:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#4175, "RE: What other stock wheels?"
In response to Reply # 12

Rob with the blue then black QuWhees body kit had mustang rims and i saw an eclipse with mustang rims at college, lol, i couldn't figure out what was wrong about it, but for some reason it looked like an off-road car

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4162 Previous topic | Next topic