Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4069
View in linear mode

Subject: "intake" Previous topic | Next topic
aleclipse (Guest)Nov-15-01 05:47 AM

#4069, "intake"

hello,
i have a problem... i have asked this before.. but my intake is broken off, and now it's being help up by clamps, etc. but it still shakes, so I need to get a new intake asap.. but I don't want to spend hella money on it.. although i don't want to get one that is really cheap( i.e.one that breaks off) does anyone have any good advice? Please help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Thunderous_TalonNov-15-01 05:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4070, "RE: intake"
In response to Reply # 0

Alicia, go ahead and check out www.procarparts.com

--Sean B.

"Our time is here, Our time is now, Team 2gnt."

Sponsored by New Edge Racing
http://www.newedgeracing.com

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

aleclipse (Guest)Nov-15-01 06:29 AM

#4071, "RE: intake"
In response to Reply # 1

do you think that would be a quality intake? It doesn't look bad..

aleclipse (Guest)Nov-15-01 06:36 AM

#4072, "RE: intake"
In response to Reply # 2

hey those altezza's look pretty nice too.. are they really hard to install?

Man, lol, I am getting way too many responses

Thunderous_TalonNov-15-01 07:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4073, "RE: intake"
In response to Reply # 3

An Intake is an intake to me and most other people there are quite a few people here who have the procarparts intake and dont know it, its basically what they sell on ebay most of the time. also as far as altezzas. they are simple. maybe take 20-30 min to put on, if you can undo bolts and put em back on and change your light bulbs you can do it. good luck girl

--Sean B.

"Our time is here, Our time is now, Team 2gnt."

Sponsored by New Edge Racing
http://www.newedgeracing.com

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

TeamMichael_97RSNov-15-01 09:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#4074, "RE: intake"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Alee, this should be in the performance catagory.

With that said. Are you looking for cold air or short ram?

My Injen has held on nicely with no problems. The big names don't seem to have a problem being held on. I haven't seen the cheaper ones and what kind of bracket they have holding them on.

Hell, I'm unemployed I'll drive up and take a look at yours and see if I can fix it. sure we can rig saomethign up to hold it in place.

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All Motor Beast in the Making

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4069 Previous topic | Next topic