Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33415
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire." Previous topic | Next topic
bagged420aOct-04-11 11:29 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2009
107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33415, "Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire."

So its that time agian. I have been looking into different tire choices and want to stay in the sub $200 price range. I don't have an LSD, so i get wheel spin in first and second(~300whp). I have been running the Fierce HPs and think that their ok. What do you guys recomend? Oh, and its for a DD so ideally I'd like to get at least 20k miles out of them.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Oct-04-11 11:32 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33416, "RE: Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire."
In response to Reply # 0

Yokohama S.Drives.

Check tire rack, as they have a lot of great reviews on all their tires.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinOct-04-11 12:42 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#33417, "RE: Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire."
In response to Reply # 1

I went from the HP's to the Direzza DZ101's.

I like them.

dalesmitsuOct-04-11 03:18 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#33418, "RE: Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire."
In response to Reply # 1
Oct-04-11 03:37 PM by dalesmitsu

www.discounttiredirect.com

also try www.vulcantire.com they are the cheapest for the S. drives.

Do a price comparison.

I did a comparison for falkens ZE-502's once from Vulcantire and guys at discounttire where abit suprised and gave me a percentage off. That was only a few bucks. I wnet with vulcantire because there a discounttire in my area in ohio the tax/ship was still right around same as vulcan's.

Keep in mind the road/weather conditions where you live, S.drives wont handle that great through deep snow, maybe light but I wouldnt trust them.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

bagged420aOct-04-11 06:05 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2009
107 posts,
#33419, "RE: Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire."
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the info so far guys. And I'm located in Alabama so not much concern for the snow.

electroheadOct-05-11 06:45 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
#33420, "RE: Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire."
In response to Reply # 4

I got Continental DWS tires on my car right now. They're touring tires, but once you wear them in, they stop feeling floaty. The main reason I got them was for the tread life and predictable wet handling, since my car is a DD. They got better reviews than the Continental DW tires.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33415 Previous topic | Next topic