Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectTire time. Need help deciding on a tire.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33415
33415, Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire.
Posted by bagged420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So its that time agian. I have been looking into different tire choices and want to stay in the sub $200 price range. I don't have an LSD, so i get wheel spin in first and second(~300whp). I have been running the Fierce HPs and think that their ok. What do you guys recomend? Oh, and its for a DD so ideally I'd like to get at least 20k miles out of them.
33416, RE: Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire.
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yokohama S.Drives.

Check tire rack, as they have a lot of great reviews on all their tires.
33417, RE: Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire.
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I went from the HP's to the Direzza DZ101's.

I like them.
33418, RE: Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire.
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
www.discounttiredirect.com

also try www.vulcantire.com they are the cheapest for the S. drives.

Do a price comparison.

I did a comparison for falkens ZE-502's once from Vulcantire and guys at discounttire where abit suprised and gave me a percentage off. That was only a few bucks. I wnet with vulcantire because there a discounttire in my area in ohio the tax/ship was still right around same as vulcan's.

Keep in mind the road/weather conditions where you live, S.drives wont handle that great through deep snow, maybe light but I wouldnt trust them.
33419, RE: Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire.
Posted by bagged420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks for the info so far guys. And I'm located in Alabama so not much concern for the snow.
33420, RE: Tire time. Need help deciding on a tire.
Posted by electrohead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got Continental DWS tires on my car right now. They're touring tires, but once you wear them in, they stop feeling floaty. The main reason I got them was for the tread life and predictable wet handling, since my car is a DD. They got better reviews than the Continental DW tires.
I generated this page in 0.0078938007354736 seconds, executing 7 queries.