Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32280
View in linear mode

Subject: "help getting front lower control arm off" Previous topic | Next topic
HedgeMay-11-09 01:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32280, "help getting front lower control arm off"

Im replacing my front lower controle arm, the one thats strait. Ive got all the bolts out but i cant get the bolt that is attached to the balljoint to even move. Ive got the nut off already but the bolt its self wont move at all. Does anyone have any tips?

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: help getting front lower control arm off, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-11-09 06:13 PM, #1
RE: help getting front lower control arm off, freelancefool, May-11-09 07:28 PM, #2
RE: help getting front lower control arm off, dalesmitsu, May-12-09 05:31 AM, #3
RE: help getting front lower control arm off, mcgyvr, May-12-09 10:09 AM, #4
RE: help getting front lower control arm off, AdministratorCODE4, May-12-09 02:30 PM, #5
      RE: help getting front lower control arm off, Hedge, May-12-09 06:09 PM, #6

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-11-09 06:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32281, "RE: help getting front lower control arm off"
In response to Reply # 0
May-12-09 11:38 AM by bullettdsm

Do you have a fork? Hasn't failed me yet. Just be sure to put the ramp down on it so the flat part stays against the knuckle. Sometimes you gotta hammer her good, but it should go.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

freelancefoolMay-11-09 07:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#32282, "RE: help getting front lower control arm off"
In response to Reply # 1

Either get the fork, a 2-jaw puller or a pitman arm puller. Any of those should work satisfactorily. The last two will work best if you are trying to save the dust boot.

My Blog

dalesmitsuMay-12-09 05:31 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#32283, "RE: help getting front lower control arm off"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Hedge
Im replacing my front lower controle arm, the one thats strait. Ive got all the bolts out but i cant get the bolt that is attached to the balljoint to even move. Ive got the nut off already but the bolt its self wont move at all. Does anyone have any tips?

buy this tool, this could help.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=278279-353-2372-01&lpage=none
only 20 bucks for this tool

I haven't diy my lower control arms/balljoints. I'm having a mitsu satan replace them under the recall.

mcgyvrMay-12-09 10:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#32284, "RE: help getting front lower control arm off"
In response to Reply # 3

I love my Pickle Fork...

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

AdministratorCODE4May-12-09 02:30 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#32285, "RE: help getting front lower control arm off"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Originally posted by Hedge Im replacing my front lower controle arm, the one thats strait. Ive got all the bolts out but i cant get the bolt that is attached to the balljoint to even move. Ive got the nut off already but the bolt its self wont move at all. Does anyone have any tips?
buy this tool, this could help. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=278279-353-2372-01&lpage=none only 20 bucks for this tool I haven't diy my lower control arms/balljoints. I'm having a mitsu satan replace them under the recall.

Uhh what? How is a 1/4" drive cordless going to do anything for him?

He needs a puller or as mentioned a pickle fork to drive in there.

With the CV axle in place you need to use this tool:

---

2012 2500HD LML

HedgeMay-12-09 06:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#32287, "RE: help getting front lower control arm off"
In response to Reply # 5

I used a balljoing picklefork and got it off, thanks for the help everyone.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32280 Previous topic | Next topic