Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32034
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?" Previous topic | Next topic
TheRedBarrenFeb-27-09 06:07 PM
Member since Oct 02nd 2007
61 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32034, "New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?"
Feb-27-09 06:11 PM by TheRedBarren

Took the 1995 RS to Expert Tire today to have a 4 wheel alignment done. For some reason I'm feeling that I got ripped off because they said the could not adjust the Camber OR Caster because the manufacturer does not provide the specs for it.

Is there someplace that I can find the specs for the camber and caster ? I searched but cant find it. Car is all stock suspension.

Here are current measurements:

Left Front
Camber: -0.9 (in red still on print)
Caster: ...
Toe: 0.00

Front Right
Camber: -0.2
Caster: ...
Toe: 0.00

Left Rear
Camber: -1.5
Toe: 0.14

Right rear
Camber: -1.5
Toe: 0.19

Rear
Total Toe: 0.33
Thrust Angle: -0.02

Also they did not touch the rear at all. Should I take it back to them?

Thanks in advance

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?, RoninEclipse2G, Feb-27-09 07:12 PM, #1
RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?, TheRedBarren, Feb-27-09 07:13 PM, #2
      RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?, RoninEclipse2G, Feb-27-09 07:22 PM, #3
           RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?, TheRedBarren, Feb-27-09 07:50 PM, #4
                RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-27-09 09:30 PM, #5
                     RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?, Slimyjr., Mar-18-09 04:10 PM, #6
                          RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-18-09 04:13 PM, #7

RoninEclipse2GFeb-27-09 07:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32035, "RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?"
In response to Reply # 0

how much did they charge you?

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TheRedBarrenFeb-27-09 07:13 PM
61 posts,
#32036, "RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?"
In response to Reply # 1

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

RoninEclipse2GFeb-27-09 07:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32037, "RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?"
In response to Reply # 2
Feb-27-09 07:31 PM by RoninEclipse2G

70 for a toe adjustment? that's pretty crappy. I wouldn't pay that

alignment specs
http://az2gnt.net/FSM/Tech_Info_Man.pdf

front end on page 225 or section 3-4
rear end on page 233 or section 3-12

I'd copy more but I'm feeling lazy, Download the whole thing to your harddrive and save DR1665 some bandwidth. I keep a copy on my jumpdrive.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

TheRedBarrenFeb-27-09 07:50 PM
61 posts,
#32038, "RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks man. Thats what I was looking for. I think I'm going to take it back to them now with these specs.

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-27-09 09:30 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#32039, "RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?"
In response to Reply # 4

Lol, They charged you for a full front end alignment.

I work at a Chevy dealership as a tech and we charge $40 for a toe set. They should have also informed you about the front camber being out and should have asked if you would have liked to purchase an addition part to get that into spec.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Slimyjr.Mar-18-09 04:10 PM
Member since Feb 08th 2007
212 posts,
#32098, "RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?"
In response to Reply # 5

Front camber can only be adjusted using an aftermarket ball joint i believe. Caster is non adjustable. i wouldnt worry about that either unless its up to 2-3 degrees total caster. As for rear toe, we do have a factory adjustment. Rear camber on the other hand requires a kit that replaces the factory upper control arm mounts and uses eccentrics.

RoninEclipse2GMar-18-09 04:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32100, "RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Slimyjr.
Front camber can only be adjusted using an aftermarket ball joint i believe. Caster is non adjustable. i wouldnt worry about that either unless its up to 2-3 degrees total caster. As for rear toe, we do have a factory adjustment. Rear camber on the other hand requires a kit that replaces the factory upper control arm mounts and uses eccentrics.

there's a small camber adjustment on the front, just not enough to deal with a lowered suspension setup.

Erik P.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32034 Previous topic | Next topic