Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectNew Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32034
32034, New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?
Posted by TheRedBarren, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Took the 1995 RS to Expert Tire today to have a 4 wheel alignment done. For some reason I'm feeling that I got ripped off because they said the could not adjust the Camber OR Caster because the manufacturer does not provide the specs for it.

Is there someplace that I can find the specs for the camber and caster ? I searched but cant find it. Car is all stock suspension.

Here are current measurements:

Left Front
Camber: -0.9 (in red still on print)
Caster: ...
Toe: 0.00

Front Right
Camber: -0.2
Caster: ...
Toe: 0.00

Left Rear
Camber: -1.5
Toe: 0.14

Right rear
Camber: -1.5
Toe: 0.19

Rear
Total Toe: 0.33
Thrust Angle: -0.02

Also they did not touch the rear at all. Should I take it back to them?

Thanks in advance
32035, RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
how much did they charge you?
32036, RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?
32037, RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?
70 for a toe adjustment? that's pretty crappy. I wouldn't pay that

alignment specs
http://az2gnt.net/FSM/Tech_Info_Man.pdf

front end on page 225 or section 3-4
rear end on page 233 or section 3-12

I'd copy more but I'm feeling lazy, Download the whole thing to your harddrive and save DR1665 some bandwidth. I keep a copy on my jumpdrive.
32038, RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?
Thanks man. Thats what I was looking for. I think I'm going to take it back to them now with these specs.
32039, RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lol, They charged you for a full front end alignment.

I work at a Chevy dealership as a tech and we charge $40 for a toe set. They should have also informed you about the front camber being out and should have asked if you would have liked to purchase an addition part to get that into spec.
32098, RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?
Posted by Slimyjr., Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Front camber can only be adjusted using an aftermarket ball joint i believe. Caster is non adjustable. i wouldnt worry about that either unless its up to 2-3 degrees total caster. As for rear toe, we do have a factory adjustment. Rear camber on the other hand requires a kit that replaces the factory upper control arm mounts and uses eccentrics.
32100, RE: New Alignment Job, are these SPECS good?
Originally posted by Slimyjr.
Front camber can only be adjusted using an aftermarket ball joint i believe. Caster is non adjustable. i wouldnt worry about that either unless its up to 2-3 degrees total caster. As for rear toe, we do have a factory adjustment. Rear camber on the other hand requires a kit that replaces the factory upper control arm mounts and uses eccentrics.

there's a small camber adjustment on the front, just not enough to deal with a lowered suspension setup.
I generated this page in 0.010247945785522 seconds, executing 7 queries.