Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31318
View in linear mode

Subject: "What's the best wheel+DOT slick combo." Previous topic | Next topic
97AllMtrMay-08-08 05:00 PM
Member since Jul 20th 2007
175 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31318, "What's the best wheel+DOT slick combo."

What would be the best size wheel for my GS with stock sized calipers and rotors and the best street slick to mount on it. Please let me know what you all think. I am thinking a 15" but am not sure which one? What's a really light wheel, what's the best size? Give some input. Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

97AllMtrMay-12-08 06:55 AM
175 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31320, "RE: What's the best wheel+DOT slick combo."
In response to Reply # 0

Wow, getting a reply around here is like pulling teeth. Anyone? I just want to know what the best size would be for an all motor car. Wheel size, DOT slick size...... Anyone.......?????????

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GMay-12-08 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31321, "RE: What's the best wheel+DOT slick combo."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 97AllMtr
Wow, getting a reply around here is like pulling teeth. Anyone? I just want to know what the best size would be for an all motor car. Wheel size, DOT slick size...... Anyone.......?????????

my guess is that no one's answering because this is a matter of preference. ask 10 people and you'll get 10 (or more) answers. different people have different driving styles and preferences and as such different wheel and tire combos work differently.

don't get pissed if you didn't get an answer. we're all here to try to help eachother the best we can but if you don't get an answer you might want to rethink your question because it may not have a direct answer the way that you worded it.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

97AllMtrMay-12-08 08:50 PM
175 posts,
#31322, "RE: What's the best wheel+DOT slick combo."
In response to Reply # 2

Well, I am all motor, so, what would be a really great light weight/size wheel and DOT slick combo for an all motor car? I know when you are all motor, you want to get a smaller diameter wheel/tire than the turbo'd cars right? I am just trying to find an ideal size all the way around from other people. So, if there are ten different people with ten different setups, I want to hear about them and whether or not they were a good experience. Only serious responses though please. Thanks.

mcgyvrMay-19-08 08:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#31325, "RE: What's the best wheel+DOT slick combo."
In response to Reply # 3

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31243&mode=full

Not many if any running all motor and slicks on this board.

Best bet is to search for the word "slicks" in this forum

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31318 Previous topic | Next topic