Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29727
View in linear mode

Subject: "wheel wobble" Previous topic | Next topic
97eclipseRSAug-09-06 06:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29727, "wheel wobble"

ok my steering wheel shakes at all speeds slow and fast. it's more exaggerated at slower speeds. i replaced my left balljoint and right tie-rod and both wheel assemblies feel very tight. i put the wheels back on and this problem is still there. i got an allignment and it's still there, so what would be your suggestions? both parts that i replaced did in fact need to be replaced, but i wonder if those were the effect of this problem. my tires are about 5 yrs old.

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

95_ESi_PersonAug-09-06 11:35 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29728, "RE: wheel wobble"
In response to Reply # 0

Have you had your tires balanced lately?

If so and they are they were balanced good, is there any noise going with this wobble, like a grinding/humming? Like the noise you'd get with a bad wheel bearing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiAug-09-06 01:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#29729, "RE: wheel wobble"
In response to Reply # 1
Aug-09-06 01:08 PM by WickedESi

Sounds like the tires themselves, either they are flat spotted or cupped. Let me know what you think about the tire condition (when you run your hand forward to back, or around the tire, it should be very smooth and even).

Try rotating the wheels and see if it changes.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

97eclipseRSAug-10-06 07:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#29733, "RE: wheel wobble"
In response to Reply # 2

i am going to rotate the wheels to try and narrow it down even more, but i can;t see how it would be a balancing issue because of how exagerated it is at low speeds. could it be anything else? there is no grinding or clicking sounds except for the sound of the tires going back and forth at high speeds.

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

dalesmitsuAug-10-06 08:31 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#29734, "RE: wheel wobble"
In response to Reply # 3

Could the toe in camber/\ or hub, my brothers mx6 had a toe in real bad /\ and he's been go like 90 with it hes a dumbass. But, I help him fix it today. I'm such a good big brother don't him to crash

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29727 Previous topic | Next topic