Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29658
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?" Previous topic | Next topic
azdaveJul-24-06 07:32 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29658, "Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?"

I've read a lot about the lower ball joint recall and wondered if anyone else has had it done twice for free?

The ball joints are certainly bad on the Talon I just got it and not knowing the history of the car I had the dealer run the VIN to see if the ball joints had ever been replaced under the safety recall program.

They show the ball joints were replaced 5 years ago. The dealer said if they are bad again they will replace them for free again.

I'll be taking it in for the repair later in the week. Anyone else had them done twice? Just curious...

Quick video.
Here's what to look for when they go bad. Raise the car up so the weight is off the wheel. Lift up on the tire or hub. You'll see and feel the movement as the ball in the socket is completely loose. The weatherboot looks great but the ball joint is toasted.

Right click "Save as" please.

http://www.rcaz.com/movieclips/ball_joint.mpg

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again? [View all] , azdave, Jul-24-06 07:32 AM
  RE: Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?, mcgyvr, Jul-24-06 11:57 AM, #1
RE: Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?, herorevolution, Jul-24-06 05:08 PM, #2
      RE: Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?, Talsition, Jul-27-06 11:46 AM, #3
           RE: Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?, cc8balla, Jul-27-06 12:51 PM, #4
                RE: Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?, thedawg, Aug-02-06 01:49 PM, #5
                     RE: Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?, azdave, Aug-02-06 04:59 PM, #6
                          RE: Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?, drhess06259, Aug-03-06 11:19 AM, #7
                               RE: Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?, azdave, Aug-09-06 01:44 PM, #8
                                    RE: Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?, cc8balla, Aug-10-06 07:07 AM, #9
                                         RE: Ball joint recall - Dealer replaced again?, eclpsmoneypit95, Aug-10-06 07:27 AM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29658 Previous topic | Next topic