Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29150
View in linear mode

Subject: "need help lookin for new suspension" Previous topic | Next topic
chronicshitApr-20-06 07:21 AM
Member since Feb 18th 2006
254 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29150, "need help lookin for new suspension"

ok so i got like $500 to blow on suspension...
was thinking about buying tokico gas shocks/springs off ebay, but if anyone has any better idea's please let me know.
thx

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: need help lookin for new suspension, mcgyvr, Apr-20-06 07:41 AM, #1
RE: need help lookin for new suspension, chronicshit, Apr-20-06 01:54 PM, #2
      RE: need help lookin for new suspension, Blizare, Apr-21-06 05:07 AM, #3
           RE: need help lookin for new suspension, donnyb373, Apr-21-06 12:26 PM, #4
                RE: need help lookin for new suspension, Silv Blt, Apr-22-06 05:44 AM, #5
                     RE: need help lookin for new suspension, chronicshit, Apr-27-06 03:44 PM, #6
                          RE: need help lookin for new suspension, MetalliHawk, Apr-27-06 04:20 PM, #7

mcgyvrApr-20-06 07:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29151, "RE: need help lookin for new suspension"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-20-06 07:41 AM by mcgyvr

save more money and get the tein basic damper setup and front and rear camber kits and alignment
so
700+100+15+50=865-your 500= almost there, just a little more
I speak the truth

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chronicshitApr-20-06 01:54 PM
254 posts,
#29152, "RE: need help lookin for new suspension"
In response to Reply # 1

aah.. any links?

BlizareApr-21-06 05:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#29153, "RE: need help lookin for new suspension"
In response to Reply # 2

You can do it for 500 with tokico's/kyb's and some tein springs and have a decent ride.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

donnyb373Apr-21-06 12:26 PM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
#29154, "RE: need help lookin for new suspension"
In response to Reply # 3

yea but the teins are so much nicer imo, never skimp on your car, every hear the saying you get what you pay for? its 100% true,

Silv BltApr-22-06 05:44 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2004
176 posts,
#29158, "RE: need help lookin for new suspension"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by donnyb373
yea but the teins are so much nicer imo, never skimp on your car, every hear the saying you get what you pay for? its 100% true,

Some people don't need a full-out coilover setup and could use that extra $400 for other things. I only put $400 total into my lowering setup and I love it. Is it race quality, no, but it definitely improved my autoX times and still has a great ride on the street. It's all in what you're looking for.

To the creator of this thread, do a little bit of searching for more info. If you're only going for a mild drop, Tokico HPs are fairly cheap and a little more aggressive than stock. Thats what I run on my car. If you want a little more sport, go for the more expensive adjustable Illuminas or KYB AGXs. As for springs, the mild drops that I've heard good things about are of course, the Pro-Kits, the Tokico HP spring/strut kit thats on eBay and the H&R Sports, which are what I run. You've got a lot to choose from and it all depends on what look/feel you're going for. Oh yeah, and make sure you keep that camber in adjustment and get an alignment when you're done.

She's been sold My best friend bought her though, so she's still in good hands.

Daily driver: 1993 Nissan Altima
Rocketship: 1985 Honda VF1100S
Project car: 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

chronicshitApr-27-06 03:44 PM
254 posts,
#29195, "RE: need help lookin for new suspension"
In response to Reply # 5

aah ok thanx alot.. im gona go for the tokico illuminas shocks/springs off ebay. also gona get a rear camber kit from there. already had my alignment done last month, do i have to do it again after installing?

MetalliHawkApr-27-06 04:20 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2006
28 posts,
#29197, "RE: need help lookin for new suspension"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by chronicshit
aah ok thanx alot.. im gona go for the tokico illuminas shocks/springs off ebay. also gona get a rear camber kit from there. already had my alignment done last month, do i have to do it again after installing?

Yes

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29150 Previous topic | Next topic