Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectneed help lookin for new suspension
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=29150
29150, need help lookin for new suspension
Posted by chronicshit, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok so i got like $500 to blow on suspension...
was thinking about buying tokico gas shocks/springs off ebay, but if anyone has any better idea's please let me know.
thx
29151, RE: need help lookin for new suspension
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
save more money and get the tein basic damper setup and front and rear camber kits and alignment
so
700+100+15+50=865-your 500= almost there, just a little more
I speak the truth :)
29152, RE: need help lookin for new suspension
aah.. any links?
29153, RE: need help lookin for new suspension
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can do it for 500 with tokico's/kyb's and some tein springs and have a decent ride.

29154, RE: need help lookin for new suspension
Posted by donnyb373, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea but the teins are so much nicer imo, never skimp on your car, every hear the saying you get what you pay for? its 100% true,
29158, RE: need help lookin for new suspension
Posted by Silv Blt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by donnyb373
yea but the teins are so much nicer imo, never skimp on your car, every hear the saying you get what you pay for? its 100% true,

Some people don't need a full-out coilover setup and could use that extra $400 for other things. I only put $400 total into my lowering setup and I love it. Is it race quality, no, but it definitely improved my autoX times and still has a great ride on the street. It's all in what you're looking for.

To the creator of this thread, do a little bit of searching for more info. If you're only going for a mild drop, Tokico HPs are fairly cheap and a little more aggressive than stock. Thats what I run on my car. If you want a little more sport, go for the more expensive adjustable Illuminas or KYB AGXs. As for springs, the mild drops that I've heard good things about are of course, the Pro-Kits, the Tokico HP spring/strut kit thats on eBay and the H&R Sports, which are what I run. You've got a lot to choose from and it all depends on what look/feel you're going for. Oh yeah, and make sure you keep that camber in adjustment and get an alignment when you're done.
29195, RE: need help lookin for new suspension
aah ok thanx alot.. im gona go for the tokico illuminas shocks/springs off ebay. also gona get a rear camber kit from there. already had my alignment done last month, do i have to do it again after installing?
29197, RE: need help lookin for new suspension
Posted by MetalliHawk, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by chronicshit
aah ok thanx alot.. im gona go for the tokico illuminas shocks/springs off ebay. also gona get a rear camber kit from there. already had my alignment done last month, do i have to do it again after installing?

Yes

I generated this page in 0.0080058574676514 seconds, executing 7 queries.