Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25281
View in linear mode

Subject: "Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here." Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTSep-27-04 02:06 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25281, "Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here."

I have been searching not only on 2gnt but across the web on honda and ford sites for some info ive been looking for. since i went with the widebody kit, i need to raise by car up about an inch or so because my wider wheels do not fit under the panels now. i am currently using kyb agx struts and APEX springs. i was going to buy some skunk2 coilovers but i have read and heard from some locals who use them, that not what brand i would get, they still ride like shit and are just straight out, shitty. i was going to just sell all my stuff and get the tein basic damper kit, but i dont wanna spend the money on that. whats everyones thoughts who uses coilovers on the ride quality of them and what brand are you using? i like my agx's and dont wanna ditch em, but if coilovers truly suck, i will, lol. i am looking for a nice smooth ride, obviously not like factory, cuz nothign really rides like that after you change it over. i dont want something hardcore stiff to where i feel absolutely every bump hard, but i want something nice and smooth, and not bouncy cuz im trying to bottom out the front end! let me know any advice or recommendations you have. thanks for your time.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here., FlyinEsi, Sep-28-04 05:09 AM, #1
RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here., BumpinTalon, Sep-28-04 09:13 AM, #2
      RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here., eclipse982nrRST, Sep-28-04 02:09 PM, #3
           RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here., Mannyyy, Sep-28-04 03:14 PM, #4
                RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here., injendsm, Sep-28-04 04:32 PM, #5
                     RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here., Mannyyy, Sep-28-04 05:06 PM, #6
                          RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here., Nackers, Oct-01-04 07:17 AM, #7
                               RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here., SilverBullet20g, Oct-12-04 10:06 AM, #8

FlyinEsiSep-28-04 05:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25285, "RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here."
In response to Reply # 0

I have the Apex'i World Sport Damper System Coilovers. Very nice ride, and just from watching some of the other lowered cars in town, not nearly as bumpy. Also adjustable from about 1.5" of drop down to about 4" of drop. Very good in my opinion.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BumpinTalonSep-28-04 09:13 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#25287, "RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here."
In response to Reply # 1

MY friend uses Ground Control coilovers on KYB struts. You definetely won't bottom out, it doesn't bounce, but it is the roughest ride I've had in my life.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

eclipse982nrRSTSep-28-04 02:09 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#25290, "RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here."
In response to Reply # 2

lol well i deff dont want something super rough ya know. i dont wana feel every bump!

MannyyySep-28-04 03:14 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#25291, "RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here."
In response to Reply # 3

Arospeed coilovers here with adjustable shocks set at highest setting. It's a rough ride but not bouncy at all; the car feels very well controlled. I've never had experience with Ground Control coilovers but I'd imagine these are pretty similar.

-Manny

injendsmSep-28-04 04:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#25293, "RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here."
In response to Reply # 4

my only question about coilovers is this..........if you adjust them to make em lower or higher, do you have to go get it aligned every time you do so?

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

MannyyySep-28-04 05:06 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#25296, "RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here."
In response to Reply # 5

Yea. Each time you adjust the height you screw up the toe and camber settings. Basically the only thing coilovers are good for are to adjust the stance of the car to get it exactly how you want it, then get it aligned and leave it like that.

-Manny

NackersOct-01-04 07:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#25317, "RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here."
In response to Reply # 6

My g/f has tokico illumnias and ground control coilover sleeves. When the struts were set at 5 all around and she was down about 3" the ride was very rough (just the way I like it ) but the car didn't seem to bounce at all. When winter came around I raised the car to nearly stock height and turned the struts down to 3 all around and the car seem's to be the perfect mix of good cornering and ride. Actually, now that I think of it, it could still handle really well because of the beffier sway bars. I've never experienced them at almost stock height without the sways.

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

SilverBullet20gOct-12-04 10:06 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#25407, "RE: Who uses coilovers? If you do, get in here."
In response to Reply # 7

I have skunk coilovers with konis and it's great for corners. The speed bumps and potholes are a problem though. I have been thinking about the TEIN flex/street.... Can we get a group buy on the TEIN?

(parting out 95 GS)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25281 Previous topic | Next topic