Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25114
View in linear mode

Subject: "For anybody with upgraded handling..." Previous topic | Next topic
reevesoSep-04-04 10:05 AM
Member since Nov 01st 2003
512 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25114, "For anybody with upgraded handling..."

I just bought front and rear upper strut bars, and love them..now i wanna buy more lol, for anybody who has anything besides these (tie bars, whatever else there is)..please gimme some opinions..i wanna know whats worth it or not..and yes i know that lowering my car will help lol..so dont say that either, that's comin in the spring

Mods: E-bay Intake, Vibrant Muffler, J Woodleys Ground Wire Kit,F&R Upper Strut Bars

Future Mods: Custom 2.5 inch piping, AFX UDP, and a real CAI

*Selling an OBX High Flow Cat 45$ shipped*

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., siueclipse, Sep-04-04 10:09 AM, #1
RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., injendsm, Sep-04-04 10:57 AM, #2
      RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., reeveso, Sep-05-04 04:55 AM, #3
           RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., BuckNutty, Sep-05-04 05:12 AM, #4
                RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., reeveso, Sep-05-04 06:11 AM, #5
                     RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., injendsm, Sep-05-04 07:42 AM, #6
                          RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., reeveso, Sep-05-04 08:29 AM, #7
                               RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., injendsm, Sep-05-04 05:15 PM, #8
                                    RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., RickyMeeses, Sep-05-04 06:02 PM, #9
                                         RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., reeveso, Sep-05-04 06:54 PM, #10
                                              RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., BuckNutty, Sep-05-04 07:02 PM, #11
                                              RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., RickyMeeses, Sep-06-04 02:52 AM, #12
                                                   RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., BuckNutty, Sep-06-04 05:31 AM, #13
                                                        RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., RickyMeeses, Sep-06-04 06:39 AM, #14
                                                             RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., injendsm, Sep-06-04 08:24 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., Ducking_Fumbass, Sep-06-04 04:50 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., Ducking_Fumbass, Sep-06-04 04:53 PM, #17
                                                                       RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., RxR_Eclipse, Sep-08-04 04:42 AM, #18
                                                                       RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., 97gsx, Sep-09-04 12:10 PM, #19
                                                                            RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., Initial DSM, Sep-15-04 08:59 PM, #20
                                              RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..., Nackers, Sep-18-04 05:33 AM, #21

siueclipseSep-04-04 10:09 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25115, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 0

lower rear bar.. obx makes one.
RM sway bars.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

injendsmSep-04-04 10:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#25116, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 1

front and rear sway bars, springs/coilovers, shocks, new bushings, better tires.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

reevesoSep-05-04 04:55 AM
512 posts,
#25124, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 2

do the bushings really help?...im very new to the whole suspension thing lol i dunno anything about it really..could anybody send me a link to the bushings i would need to get?..while i go out and buy a book and learn about suspension lol

BuckNuttySep-05-04 05:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#25125, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 3

the bushings do wonders...but you will feel abolutely everything on teh road all the way through your car. Front and rear tie bars are gonna do about as much as your strut tower bars did. You don't really notice a huge difference...but you can tell if they aren't there.

You could get a rear sway bar from a gsx...you need some parts n whatnot...but there is a write up on teh main page. Then teh usual lowering and struts n stuff...

Also, rims and tires aid to handling alot...you could have the most uber setup in teh world....but if you have shitty wires with a small contact patch...then you aren't gonna handle worth a shit.

Also...if you are serious into handling...you should really get into springs/struts before you purchase...there are alot of products out there that are just made to lower your car....not for handling. There is such a thing as being too low, and you have to get educated on spring rates, etc...

reevesoSep-05-04 06:11 AM
512 posts,
#25126, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 4

well im not like goin into autocross or anything that big, just wanna have a lil more fun on the road..so its not like a huge deal i just want a lil more thats all..i was actually just thinkin of gettin the front and rear tie bars and lowerin it and tha'd be good enough for me..i was thinkin of gettin that Tokico combo for 400ish..b/c im only 18 and in college, cant afford much more than that..but if anybody has that and doesnt like the combo for any reason lemme know please..

Mods: E-bay Intake, Vibrant Muffler, J Woodleys Ground Wire Kit,F&R Upper Strut Bars

*Selling an OBX High Flow Cat 40$ shipped OBO*

injendsmSep-05-04 07:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#25127, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by reeveso
well im not like goin into autocross or anything that big, just wanna have a lil more fun on the road..so its not like a huge deal i just want a lil more thats all..i was actually just thinkin of gettin the front and rear tie bars and lowerin it and tha'd be good enough for me..i was thinkin of gettin that Tokico combo for 400ish..b/c im only 18 and in college, cant afford much more than that..but if anybody has that and doesnt like the combo for any reason lemme know please.. Mods: E-bay Intake, Vibrant Muffler, J Woodleys Ground Wire Kit,F&R Upper Strut Bars Future Mods: Custom 2.5 inch piping, AFX UDP, and a real CAI *Selling an OBX High Flow Cat 40$ shipped OBO*

which tokico combo? hp's or illumina's?

www.gregsorrells.com

reevesoSep-05-04 08:29 AM
512 posts,
#25129, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 6

HP's..i think the illumina kit is like 600..i dunno maybe i'll just save the money

injendsmSep-05-04 05:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#25130, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by reeveso
HP's..i think the illumina kit is like 600..i dunno maybe i'll just save the money

illumina's are better cause they are adjustable. im gettin them for 400 tho.

www.gregsorrells.com

OldGuySep-05-04 06:02 PM
Member since May 04th 2003
1077 posts,
#25131, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 8

What are you rolling on right now? If it is stock, make the next purchase rollers. I haven't done squat to my car except the rollers and it made a hellacious difference in cornering. I do know that all that Buck and injen have said is some damn solid advice. And yes, buy all the books that you can find on performance suspensions and engines and tuning. It will help and then listen and pay attention here. There are some gurus here that know their shit better than most technicians ever will!

Carl

So now at 44 what the hell do I do?

reevesoSep-05-04 06:54 PM
512 posts,
#25134, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 9

rollers? lol i dont even know what they are javascript:smilie_remote( ')..but all i have on my car now for handling is ebay front and rear strut bars..which worked very well for the 45 bucks i paid shipped for both..well worth it IMO...and where do i buy rollers?

*Selling an OBX High Flow Cat 45$ shipped

BuckNuttySep-05-04 07:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#25135, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 10

rollers = tires and/or rims

OldGuySep-06-04 02:52 AM
1077 posts,
#25138, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by BuckNutty
rollers = tires and/or rims

thanks for the assist Buck! And when are ya movin ta Cleveland?

BuckNuttySep-06-04 05:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#25142, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by RickyMeeses
Originally posted by BuckNutty rollers = tires and/or rims
thanks for the assist Buck! And when are ya movin ta Cleveland?

lookin at a late october move if all goes to plan

OldGuySep-06-04 06:39 AM
1077 posts,
#25143, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 13

We should hook up before ya go...

injendsmSep-06-04 08:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#25144, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by RickyMeeses
We should hook up before ya go...

hef!

www.gregsorrells.com

Ducking_FumbassSep-06-04 04:50 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#25145, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 15

SWAY BARS, SWAY BARS, SWAY BARS.

Ducking_FumbassSep-06-04 04:53 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#25146, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 16

Oh yeah, if you are going to spend 600 dollars on a barely adjustable suspension that is pieced together like an illumina/coilover, or, worse, an Illumina/spring combo, why not pony up the extra 200 dollars for an exponentially better suspension, such as the Tein SS?

RxR_EclipseSep-08-04 04:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#25154, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 17

Illuminas, sprint sports, suspension techsways F+R, neuspeed front upper, the typical front and rear upper and lower (rear only) ebay tie bars (i believe they are pilot motorsports).
And for auto x I run a set of kuhmo V700 autox tires.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

97gsxSep-09-04 12:10 PM
Member since Aug 23rd 2004
105 posts,
#25173, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
SWAY BARS, SWAY BARS, SWAY BARS.

Like you're on a roller coaster!

'97 GSX (4g63)
99 front facia/Big 16g turbo, 16psi/custom intercooler piping/turbo xs dual stage boost controler/greddy bov/MSD 8.5mm superconductor wires/NGK plugs/18" hyper black rims w/chrome lip/aem drilled and slotted rotors/front upper and rear lower anti-sway bars/test pipe/magnaflow highflow cat/cat back exhaust/eibach springs/ground control coil-overs/1600lbs act clutch/organic flywheel/zeotronics digital air/fuel readout/autometer sportcomp boost and cobalt egt gauges

Initial DSMSep-15-04 08:59 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#25195, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 19

With good tires, I can swing my eclipse around a corner in the rain with no worries on Teins (Flex).

NackersSep-18-04 05:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#25212, "RE: For anybody with upgraded handling..."
In response to Reply # 10

I've heard that the RM sway bars are too stiff in the front and cause understeer. My g/f got the suspension techniques front and rear bars (along with the front brackets, endlinks, bolts, rear control arms, brackets, endlinks, and bolts from a gs-t) and besides the huge pita it was to get the front bar off, the install was fairly simple and very strait forward. I think total it was just creapin up on 400 for everything, but I made her get all new parts from satan to make the install much easier.

Handeling is greatly improved and sometimes it's kinda scary cause the responce is so quick. Over correcting or panic swerving could be dangerous imo. She just had some 17" wheels and illumnias with ground control coilover sleeves before and that was nice, but the sway bars made the most diffrence.

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25114 Previous topic | Next topic