Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22651
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clicking noise from rear?" Previous topic | Next topic
96EclipsedFeb-26-04 08:13 AM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1923 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22651, "Clicking noise from rear?"

When I back up I hear a sort of clicking noise from the right rear wheel. Now when I drive anywhere from a roll to about 25mph I can hear the clicking noise.

Ideas?? Is it the wheel bearing?

weather turning towards a storm broken down road continue on coexistance imitating paradise
unlike any seen moist has been dancing crazy overcast ash grey wording constantly pushing pulling pushes away

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

drew back a rusty knife guilt ladle pour it on understand i burn inside how to get out of here how do you get out of this natures revenge nature
cage craving wonder the worth of it scream at the top of your lungs so many times tried not to wonder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Clicking noise from rear?, 96Eclipsed, Feb-28-04 07:05 AM, #1
RE: Clicking noise from rear?, AznKaos15, Feb-29-04 08:09 PM, #2
      RE: Clicking noise from rear?, 96Eclipsed, Mar-03-04 02:44 PM, #3
           RE: Clicking noise from rear?, turbo8u, Mar-03-04 03:03 PM, #4
                RE: Clicking noise from rear?, 96Eclipsed, Mar-05-04 07:17 AM, #5
                     RE: Clicking noise from rear?, eclipse_99rs, Mar-05-04 07:21 AM, #6
                          RE: Clicking noise from rear?, 96Eclipsed, Mar-05-04 02:09 PM, #7
                               RE: Clicking noise from rear?, turbo8u, Mar-06-04 06:17 AM, #8
                                    RE: Clicking noise from rear?, 96Eclipsed, Mar-08-04 06:34 AM, #9

96EclipsedFeb-28-04 07:05 AM
1923 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22686, "RE: Clicking noise from rear?"
In response to Reply # 0

No one knows? Or no one cares to answer?

weather turning towards a storm broken down road continue on coexistance imitating paradise
unlike any seen moist has been dancing crazy overcast ash grey wording constantly pushing pulling pushes away

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

drew back a rusty knife guilt ladle pour it on understand i burn inside how to get out of here how do you get out of this natures revenge nature
cage craving wonder the worth of it scream at the top of your lungs so many times tried not to wonder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AznKaos15Feb-29-04 08:09 PM
Member since May 05th 2003
256 posts,
#22701, "RE: Clicking noise from rear?"
In response to Reply # 1

look for a pebble in your treads.

96EclipsedMar-03-04 02:44 PM
1923 posts,
#22770, "RE: Clicking noise from rear?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by AznKaos15
look for a pebble in your treads.

Uhm, no, it's not a rock.

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

turbo8uMar-03-04 03:03 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#22771, "RE: Clicking noise from rear?"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-03-04 03:04 PM by turbo8u

a clicking? look around the top nut to make sure the rod to the shock isnt loose banging around in there or something. its only when in reverse you said? how many miles are on your car?
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

96EclipsedMar-05-04 07:17 AM
1923 posts,
#22808, "RE: Clicking noise from rear?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by turbo8u
a clicking? look around the top nut to make sure the rod to the shock isnt loose banging around in there or something. its only when in reverse you said? how many miles are on your car? _________ 96 talon esi-t san clemente, ca as needles of ice are the ill winds' talons the coldest of shadows they seep unto the bone

About 96,000+ Are you talking the top of the strut tower? IF so all nuts are there....

If I am at a stop, say parked or if I am goign to back up to park from a stop, as soon as I start to roll back ward I get a sort of click/clunk like:

click click click

Then nothing...

When I drive normally, from a stop to about 40mph I can hear an audible clicking that gets faster as the car goes faster...and slows down as I slow the car down...

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

eclipse_99rsMar-05-04 07:21 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#22809, "RE: Clicking noise from rear?"
In response to Reply # 5

what about when you go over bumps. Because i get a click when i go over speed bumps.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

96EclipsedMar-05-04 02:09 PM
1923 posts,
#22816, "RE: Clicking noise from rear?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by eclipse_99rs
what about when you go over bumps. Because i get a click when i go over speed bumps.

Nothing other than my god damned coilover making a warb warb type noise...no no clicking.

God damn I'm probably going back to springs..

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

turbo8uMar-06-04 06:17 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#22827, "RE: Clicking noise from rear?"
In response to Reply # 7

hmmmm.....pretty hard for me to diagnose man but it sounds to me like something maybe with your tire? or brake? or i dunno but you said it increases when you accelerate and decreses when you decelerate....so it has to be something with your wheel or axle or something, my best idea would be to find out which side its comin from, lift it up, take off that wheel, get a grease gun and go to town on the balljoints/tie rod ends, lateral upper and lower joint, etc. could just be that after you installed your coilovers the steering and/or suspension compenents dried up (and they need lube lovin)

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

96EclipsedMar-08-04 06:34 AM
1923 posts,
#22860, "RE: Clicking noise from rear?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by turbo8u
hmmmm.....pretty hard for me to diagnose man but it sounds to me like something maybe with your tire? or brake? or i dunno but you said it increases when you accelerate and decreses when you decelerate....so it has to be something with your wheel or axle or something, my best idea would be to find out which side its comin from, lift it up, take off that wheel, get a grease gun and go to town on the balljoints/tie rod ends, lateral upper and lower joint, etc. could just be that after you installed your coilovers the steering and/or suspension compenents dried up (and they need lube lovin) _________ 96 talon esi-t san clemente, ca as needles of ice are the ill winds' talons the coldest of shadows they seep unto the bone

That could be it. I was thinking that it was my axles. Could be they just need to be lubed before I fuckem on the streets of SF... thanks

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22651 Previous topic | Next topic