Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20209
View in linear mode

Subject: "Didn't cut front bumpstops" Previous topic | Next topic
MitsuNiko99Sep-27-03 09:38 AM
Member since Aug 19th 2003
56 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20209, "Didn't cut front bumpstops"

I just installed my H&R sport springs and they said to cut the front bumpstops, and like a dislexic idiot, i cut the rear.....will that affect anything on the ride? or will it be ok so i dont have to take everything apart? please let me know

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops, zhr420, Sep-27-03 09:45 AM, #1
RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops, MitsuNiko99, Sep-27-03 09:50 AM, #2
RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops, Diceman19, Sep-27-03 10:59 AM, #3
      RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops, zhr420, Sep-27-03 11:04 AM, #4
           RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops, espilcEGS, Sep-30-03 11:50 AM, #5
                RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops, sonny bk, Oct-01-03 08:52 AM, #6
                     RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops, eklipsdrvr99, Oct-03-03 06:23 AM, #7
                          RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops, pfmicks, Oct-03-03 01:00 PM, #8
                               RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops, ughhhead, Oct-03-03 05:49 PM, #9

zhr420Sep-27-03 09:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20210, "RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops"
In response to Reply # 0

ok my advice would be forget about it and keep at stock size. My car has been lowered for over three years now and i have only bottomed out once. I have been runnin around with stock bumpstops since i have lowered my car.
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MitsuNiko99Sep-27-03 09:50 AM
Member since Aug 19th 2003
56 posts,
#20211, "RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops"
In response to Reply # 0

So i can leave it the way it is with the rear ones cut and the fronts stock? i drive in boston every day, and there are bumpy roads...but if you think that its gonna be ok, i'll take your word for it.

Diceman19Sep-27-03 10:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#20213, "RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops"
In response to Reply # 2

if you bottom out a lot, i think it will cause your shocks to blow a little faster. cut them if you bottom out a lot. i have only bottomed out once on my cut ones, both front and rear.

zhr420Sep-27-03 11:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#20214, "RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah, it'll be fine.
later
"Z"

espilcEGSSep-30-03 11:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#20262, "RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops"
In response to Reply # 4

It's really according to how you drive. If you are hitting the bump stops, cutting them will give you a little more shock travel back because of the drop. Just do not totally remove them like i have seen a few others do. Bottom out then and you are buying a new strut.

05 STi

sonny bkOct-01-03 08:52 AM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
1171 posts,
#20281, "RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops"
In response to Reply # 5

I bottom out at least twice a day and have cut my bumpstops. My front struts slam into each other all the time. It sounds like the world is coming to an end when it happens.

One time a kid hit the deck because he thought it was a gunshot.

I say leave em unless they give you a hard time.

BTW...I'm lowered 2" with tokico blues (prolly ruined by now).

WTB:
--bolt on turbo kit (star, hahn, etc.)
--rear drum to disc set up
--internals
---------------HOLLA!!!

eklipsdrvr99Oct-03-03 06:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
545 posts,
#20330, "RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops"
In response to Reply # 6

I've been riding around now for almost 3 years lowered with stock shocks up front and no bumpstops. Still haven't blown anything.

Mike
www.streamlinemotorsportsva.com
http://members.cardomain.com/eklipsdrvr99

pfmicksOct-03-03 01:00 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1349 posts,
#20338, "RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops"
In response to Reply # 7

I have the H&R sport springs...I cut all 4 bumpstops...rides perfect, nothing wrong with min

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

ughhheadOct-03-03 05:49 PM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
#20344, "RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops"
In response to Reply # 8

i've never touched any of my bump stops and i've never had any issues at all:thumbsup

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20209 Previous topic | Next topic