Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectDidn't cut front bumpstops
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=20209
20209, Didn't cut front bumpstops
Posted by MitsuNiko99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just installed my H&R sport springs and they said to cut the front bumpstops, and like a dislexic idiot, i cut the rear.....will that affect anything on the ride? or will it be ok so i dont have to take everything apart? please let me know
20210, RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops
Posted by zhr420, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok my advice would be forget about it and keep at stock size. My car has been lowered for over three years now and i have only bottomed out once. I have been runnin around with stock bumpstops since i have lowered my car.
later
"Z"
20211, RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops
Posted by MitsuNiko99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So i can leave it the way it is with the rear ones cut and the fronts stock? i drive in boston every day, and there are bumpy roads...but if you think that its gonna be ok, i'll take your word for it.
20213, RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if you bottom out a lot, i think it will cause your shocks to blow a little faster. cut them if you bottom out a lot. i have only bottomed out once on my cut ones, both front and rear.
20214, RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops
Posted by zhr420, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah, it'll be fine.
later
"Z"
20262, RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops
Posted by espilcEGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's really according to how you drive. If you are hitting the bump stops, cutting them will give you a little more shock travel back because of the drop. Just do not totally remove them like i have seen a few others do. Bottom out then and you are buying a new strut.
20281, RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops
Posted by sonny bk, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I bottom out at least twice a day and have cut my bumpstops. My front struts slam into each other all the time. It sounds like the world is coming to an end when it happens.

One time a kid hit the deck because he thought it was a gunshot.

I say leave em unless they give you a hard time.

BTW...I'm lowered 2" with tokico blues (prolly ruined by now).

WTB:
--bolt on turbo kit (star, hahn, etc.)
--rear drum to disc set up
--internals
---------------HOLLA!!!
20330, RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops
Posted by eklipsdrvr99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've been riding around now for almost 3 years lowered with stock shocks up front and no bumpstops. Still haven't blown anything.
20338, RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops
Posted by pfmicks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the H&R sport springs...I cut all 4 bumpstops...rides perfect, nothing wrong with mine:shrug
20344, RE: Didn't cut front bumpstops
Posted by ughhhead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i've never touched any of my bump stops and i've never had any issues at all:thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.0077238082885742 seconds, executing 7 queries.