Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20033
View in linear mode

Subject: "need help with spring install" Previous topic | Next topic
96rs-tSep-19-03 05:43 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20033, "need help with spring install"

i cant take the damn top bolts off, from under the hood to get the strut assembly off. the more i turn my sockets, the more i strip the bolt, how do i romove those!

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: need help with spring install, TXrepresent, Sep-19-03 05:46 PM, #1
RE: need help with spring install, 96rs-t, Sep-19-03 05:49 PM, #2
      RE: need help with spring install, 96rs-t, Sep-19-03 06:14 PM, #3
           RE: need help with spring install, Nackers, Sep-19-03 06:35 PM, #4
                RE: need help with spring install, 96rs-t, Sep-19-03 06:40 PM, #5
                     RE: need help with spring install, 96rs-t, Sep-19-03 07:07 PM, #6
                          RE: need help with spring install, Chamuko, Sep-19-03 08:18 PM, #7
                               RE: need help with spring install, TXrepresent, Sep-20-03 05:17 AM, #8
                                    RE: need help with spring install, 96rs-t, Sep-20-03 11:09 AM, #9
                                         RE: need help with spring install, djtrickee, Sep-20-03 11:23 AM, #10
                                              RE: need help with spring install, 96rs-t, Sep-20-03 04:05 PM, #11
                                                   RE: need help with spring install, djtrickee, Sep-20-03 04:10 PM, #12
                                                   RE: need help with spring install, Shockeclipse, Sep-20-03 05:07 PM, #13
                                                        RE: need help with spring install, TXrepresent, Sep-21-03 08:06 AM, #14
                                                        RE: need help with spring install, Shockeclipse, Sep-25-03 04:28 PM, #16
                                                        RE: need help with spring install, 96rs-t, Sep-23-03 07:30 PM, #15

TXrepresentSep-19-03 05:46 PM
Member since Jun 24th 2003
541 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20034, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 0

Alot of WD-40 and a cheater bar!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96rs-tSep-19-03 05:49 PM
2203 posts,
#20035, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 1

i put some wd 40, so i'll give it some time, lets see if it works.

My Bad on the Double Post

SoCal DSM

96rs-tSep-19-03 06:14 PM
2203 posts,
#20036, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 2

its hopeless, damn things wont come of !!!!!, i even stripped one of them pretty bad.......SHIT!!!!

SoCal DSM

NackersSep-19-03 06:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#20037, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 3

Get a socket that is a bit too small and hammer it on there. You probably WON'T be able to use the socket again, but it will do the trick.

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

96rs-tSep-19-03 06:40 PM
2203 posts,
#20039, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 4

well, i guess i have to try that, cuz i stipped that bolt big time! and my socket got all jacked up. whats up with these damn bolts?

SoCal DSM

96rs-tSep-19-03 07:07 PM
2203 posts,
#20041, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 5
Sep-19-03 07:38 PM by 96rs-t

well, that didnt work! shit so damn stripped now. how the hell am i gonna go about taking this damn bolt off now? anyone else had this prob?........h e l p ! !

is it possible to remove the spring without taking the top tower bolts off?......im just trying to put my lowering springs on.

SoCal DSM

ChamukoSep-19-03 08:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#20042, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 6

get one of those stripped bolt tools...like 20 bucks?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

TXrepresentSep-20-03 05:17 AM
541 posts,
#20047, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 7

Put vice grips on it. That always works for my stipped bolts. Also make shure you are using a six point socket set.

96rs-tSep-20-03 11:09 AM
2203 posts,
#20051, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 8

the vice grips didnt work! so i guess i gotta get that strip bolt tool....ill go give the vice grips one more try!

SoCal DSM

djtrickeeSep-20-03 11:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#20052, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 9

If the vice grips didnt work and nackers idea didnt work then one of those stripped bolt tools wont work either. What we used to have to do when we had rusted/ seized bolts on our bikes was to use a dremel and a cutting wheel. Cut the nut off. Cut vertically on the nut from top to bottom. you probably wont be able to cut all the way through without hitting the threads, but thats ok. Cut as much as you can and then get a big burly flathead. jam it in there and hit it with a mallet. The nut should snap off. Then you will have to buy a new one of course... lol

Good luck

Hit me up on IM if you need more directions.

-Chris b.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

96rs-tSep-20-03 04:05 PM
2203 posts,
#20054, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 10

fortunatly the strip socket did work by Craftsman. all i gotta say it Craftsman tools rock!, i also went and bought a 14mm Craftsman socket, and was able to take the pasenger side nuts with ease, sorry as pepboys sockets suck big time!!, well i got my front lowered already, and gonna do the back right now

I'd like to thank everyone for your info!

SoCal DSM

djtrickeeSep-20-03 04:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#20055, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 11

Thats fuggin awesome! I had no idea it would work for ya. The way you described the stripped nut i was sure it was screwed. Cool

-Chris b.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

ShockeclipseSep-20-03 05:07 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#20057, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 11

>fortunatly the strip socket did work by Craftsman. all i
>gotta say it Craftsman tools rock!, i also went and bought a
>14mm Craftsman socket, and was able to take the pasenger side
>nuts with ease, sorry as pepboys sockets suck big time!!, well
>i got my front lowered already, and gonna do the back right
>now

hmmm they make strip sockets? The nuts holding on my neg battery terminal is stripped all to hell. I was going to just cut the damn thing off but i was worried i would fug up the connector. is it possible to buy a new connector peice? Like the peice that goes on the termial?

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

TXrepresentSep-21-03 08:06 AM
541 posts,
#20074, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 13

you can get a new battery connecter from walmart

ShockeclipseSep-25-03 04:28 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#20179, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 14

>you can get a new battery connecter from walmart

K thanks man

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

96rs-tSep-23-03 07:30 PM
2203 posts,
#20129, "RE: need help with spring install"
In response to Reply # 13

>hmmm they make strip sockets? The nuts holding on my neg
>battery terminal is stripped all to hell. I was going to just
>cut the damn thing off but i was worried i would fug up the
>connector. is it possible to buy a new connector peice? Like
>the peice that goes on the termial?

yeah, they sell them at autozone

SoCal DSM

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20033 Previous topic | Next topic