Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19698
View in linear mode

Subject: "guys with 18's, whats your setup?" Previous topic | Next topic
turbo8uSep-03-03 06:38 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19698, "guys with 18's, whats your setup?"

whats up guys, i did a search but just wanted to hear what u guys thought...

i just got the racing hart c3's in 18's and they ruuuub like a bitch, especially the back left. they smoke when i hit a turn hard too (like getting on the freeway) i have the eibach sportlines and kyb adjustables. the wheels are 225/40/ZR18. i was thinking about getting 5mm wheel spacers and the eibach prokit, either that or some skunk2's so if they still rub i can adjust them. will this solve my problems? for those of you with 18's, what is your setup? i think 225's are to wide....whats your opinion? anyhelp MUCH appreciated
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, turbo8u, Sep-03-03 10:30 AM, #1
RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Sep-03-03 10:43 AM, #2
      RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, turbo8u, Sep-03-03 10:59 AM, #3
           RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, ZadensDSM, Sep-03-03 12:56 PM, #4
                RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, bono316, Sep-03-03 01:59 PM, #5
                     RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, turbo8u, Sep-03-03 02:11 PM, #6
                          RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, ZadensDSM, Sep-03-03 04:38 PM, #7
                               RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, jerseystyle1, Sep-04-03 01:16 AM, #8
                                    RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, turbo8u, Sep-04-03 06:13 AM, #9
                                         RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, Eagle 5, Sep-04-03 07:16 AM, #10
                                         RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, turbo8u, Sep-04-03 07:46 AM, #11
                                              RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, farmdogg55, Sep-04-03 07:49 AM, #12
                                              RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, Eagle 5, Sep-06-03 07:49 AM, #19
                                         RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, jerseystyle1, Sep-04-03 07:58 AM, #13
                                              RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, 98_silvergs, Sep-04-03 01:49 PM, #14
                                                   RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, turbo8u, Sep-05-03 07:39 AM, #15
                                                        RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, 98_silvergs, Sep-05-03 10:32 AM, #16
                                                             RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, turbo8u, Sep-05-03 10:33 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?, dfresh, Sep-05-03 09:42 PM, #18

turbo8uSep-03-03 10:30 AM
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19704, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 0

bump

come on guys
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorsd_eclipseSep-03-03 10:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#19705, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 1

I run 225/40/18 on prokits just fine. Had to roll the rear inner lips a little but other then that I have no rubbing problems. Whats the offset of your rims?

turbo8uSep-03-03 10:59 AM
10552 posts,
#19706, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 2

i believe its a 42mm offset but im not sure. they are the RH Evolution C3s.

rolling the fenders? whats that, ive never heard of that before
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

ZadensDSMSep-03-03 12:56 PM
Member since Aug 18th 2003
175 posts,
#19708, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 3

i run 18's on 225/40's but im on stock srpings and struts too..... sorry im of no help lol

reppin the nasty 'nati

bono316Sep-03-03 01:59 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2003
301 posts,
#19709, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 4

Same here^... 18" Enkei RS6, 225/40's w/ stock suspension. No rubbing, though. Sorry.

turbo8uSep-03-03 02:11 PM
10552 posts,
#19710, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 5

well this thead is for you guys too then..... because arent you going to put suspension on it eventually anyway?
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

ZadensDSMSep-03-03 04:38 PM
Member since Aug 18th 2003
175 posts,
#19712, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 6

well yes here in a couple months i plan to get goldlines and some kind of struts... dunno yet but im not rubbing now
most people will say that the upper control arm is the problem, where i sit now i have like 1 1/2 fingers width of room b/t my tires and u.c.a.
ive been told with proper camber with the 2" inch drop from goldline srpings, i should have 0 rubbing issues..... i really dont know what to tell ya

anyone else got anything here?

reppin the nasty 'nati

jerseystyle1Sep-04-03 01:16 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#19715, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 7
Sep-04-03 01:19 AM by jerseystyle1

225/40 with skunk2's and I only rub when I het bumps!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

turbo8uSep-04-03 06:13 AM
10552 posts,
#19720, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 8

jersey your car = sex
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Eagle 5Sep-04-03 07:16 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
479 posts,
#19721, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 9

18x7.5 tenzo passion 5's +42mm offset with 235/40/18. i had to roll the rear fender lip BEFORE i had the camber kit put on. after the camber kit was put on my tires never went up into the fender again, or they did but not like before. i had to get 3mm wheel spacers because the +42mm offset was just barely not enough. now my tires dont rub the control arm.

i have sprint springs 2" drop and tokico adjustable shocks. my onyl problem is my front tires come up and hit the fender on sharp enough bumps. before my cambe rkit they did not hit it and they wer enot much out of camber. im thinking i may get coilovers and drop the back 1.5" instead of 2" and the front 1.75" instead of 2" and i should be fine all around then.

other than that no problems, just have to make sur ei dont hit sharp bumps at high speepds (like on the highway and hitting that bump before a bridge... but only happens in right lane. other 2 lanes its fine.. go figure)

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" ~ Ash
Member # 1523

turbo8uSep-04-03 07:46 AM
10552 posts,
#19722, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 10

damn dude that post helped me out SO much, u have almost the same rims as i do. pretty sure mine are 18x8 though, not sure....anyway, how do you roll the fenders? what does that mean. mine hits the fender when i hit hard bumps to, i just put my shock settings on superhero, its not to bad now. also, with those 3mm spacers...didnt u have to get longer studs? if so whered u get em, i'm goin 5mm spacers so just wondering TIA
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

farmdogg55Sep-04-03 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2522 posts,
#19723, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 11

i have 18's with 225/40, sportlines, and a heavy ass box back there in the hatch. i only rub on the passenger rear when i take a bump above 50 mph, or a hard turn to that side. doesnt happen all that often.

Eagle 5Sep-06-03 07:49 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
479 posts,
#19766, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 11

>damn dude that post helped me out SO much, u have almost the
>same rims as i do. pretty sure mine are 18x8 though, not
>sure....anyway, how do you roll the fenders? what does that
>mean. mine hits the fender when i hit hard bumps to, i just
>put my shock settings on superhero, its not to bad now. also,
>with those 3mm spacers...didnt u have to get longer studs? if
>so whered u get em, i'm goin 5mm spacers so just wondering
>TIA

In the rear the lip that sticks striaght out, cut lines in it like perpendicular to it or the wheel and then just fold up the lip. well use a mallet or hammer and round piece of wood or a bat with a towel on it. and just bang that lip up so its not stickign straight out. cutting it helps make it easier to roll it and bend it up. then put some silicone on it so that the paint does not rust.

i did not have to get longer studs. the place i got the 3mm ones said I should be fine. no problems yet and its been about 5 months or so and about 8k miles. i think you can get longer studs at like pep boys or some place like that but i did not need them.

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" ~ Ash
Member # 1523

jerseystyle1Sep-04-03 07:58 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#19724, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 9

>jersey your car = sex

Thank you sir. Just wait until my stillen front gets painted

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

98_silvergsSep-04-03 01:49 PM
Member since Jan 07th 2002
1050 posts,
#19728, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 13
Sep-04-03 01:51 PM by 98_silvergs

Eibach Sportlines, Tokico HP struts, 225/40/18 Kumho Tires

turbo8uSep-05-03 07:39 AM
10552 posts,
#19737, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 14

damn your car looks nice

you dont rub on the upper control arm?? whats your offset? and do you hit the fender when u hit hard bumps or anything?
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

98_silvergsSep-05-03 10:32 AM
Member since Jan 07th 2002
1050 posts,
#19742, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 15

>damn your car looks nice
>
>you dont rub on the upper control arm?? whats your offset? and
>do you hit the fender when u hit hard bumps or anything?

Nothing hits at all, i was very suprised when i put the rims on and notice how close it was to the control arm. The offset is 47mm.

turbo8uSep-05-03 10:33 AM
10552 posts,
#19743, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 16

damn, 47mm? yea thats why
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

dfreshSep-05-03 09:42 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
#19763, "RE: guys with 18's, whats your setup?"
In response to Reply # 17

hey jersey......want to hook me up with some money so i can paint my stillen too:D i have 18inch verdicts wraped with 225-40-zr18's...nitto's nt555's (man i love these tires....way better than my old kumho's) i am dropped with sportlines but....there the ones made for the gs-t,gsx.......not as bouncy......stiffer rates.....back sits perfect but i wish the front would of came down about 1/2 an inch more....dont scrape as bad though......no rubbin probs. whatsoever even with my camber off alittle......tryin to fix that as we speak though.....id just get some pro kits and if it still rubs....try some spacers....get a camber kit though....

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19698 Previous topic | Next topic