Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #171
View in linear mode

Subject: "what are my options for sway bars?" Previous topic | Next topic
IrfanDec-10-00 08:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#171, "what are my options for sway bars?"

i know rmdsm has a nice set for 300, and i think suspension techniques has one. Any other companies/prices would be helpful. Thanks.

2GNT Member #76, since Fall 1999

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Drove: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE
1999 Eclipse GS Hahn Stage 1

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSDec-11-00 03:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#172, "RE: what are my options for sway bars?"
In response to Reply # 0

Those are the only two I remember seeing. I'm going to go with the RM Racing set, once I have money... So many mods so little money!

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KarlDec-11-00 03:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
#173, "RE: what are my options for sway bars?"
In response to Reply # 0

Progress and S/T make a 3/4" rear sway bar and also have front bars. Don't forget about the GS-T (.59") rear sway bar if you want a budget buy. If you want thicker bars, you can always get them custom made.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

TeamDeanoDDec-12-00 06:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#174, "If you have an RS.....install a 19mm GS-T front bar"
In response to Reply # 2

That is an upgrade from the 16mm bar that is already installed. The factory sway bars are spring steel and the aftermarket are mild steel.....thicker does not always mean stronger. IMHO the only bars worth upgrading to are the RMDSM. You can also stiffen up the existing bars you have by using Energy Suspension poly bushings. They twist less and that translates to a thicker bar. Try them and you will feel the difference. If you have the original factory RS front sway bar, order the 16mm front bushings for it. The clamps on the RS/GS/GS-T are all the same the internal hole on the bushing is different sizes.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #171 Previous topic | Next topic