Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17017
View in linear mode

Subject: "Why is my front lower than the back?" Previous topic | Next topic
grneclipseApr-12-03 09:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17017, "Why is my front lower than the back?"

Ok, got my GST two weeks ago, so I'm back in the dsm family

However, I am pretty confused as to why my front end is literally 1 inch off the ground and the rear is kinda jacked up

On the front I don't have any clearance but one finger to put my finger through the well, on the rear I can put 3-4 fingers

I took the car to Tire Kingsom where my friend worked and he said everything checked out fine, the springs seemed good and the struts weren't blown

The set-up I have is (keep in mind, I bought the car like this so)

Tokico illuminas adjustables
Lowering Springs (there blue)???

Now I know the struts only effect the stiffness of the ride, but the rear setting was set to the fullest stiffness, could it keep my car's ass jacked up? and vice versa for the front?

OR

Could the rear springs fit on the front? Maybe the previous owner got it screwed up?

Thanks again guys

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Why is my front lower than the back?, fasterGS, Apr-12-03 09:23 PM, #1
RE: Why is my front lower than the back?, juggalo, Apr-13-03 05:01 AM, #2
      RE: Why is my front lower than the back?, zhr420, Apr-13-03 11:20 AM, #3
           RE: Why is my front lower than the back?, grneclipse, Apr-13-03 11:52 AM, #4
                RE: Why is my front lower than the back?, Fast420A, Apr-13-03 12:01 PM, #5
                     RE: Why is my front lower than the back?, shuwa29, Apr-13-03 02:25 PM, #6
                          RE: Why is my front lower than the back?, 1TuffRS, Apr-14-03 11:31 AM, #7
                               RE: Why is my front lower than the back?, TalonSpeed, Apr-15-03 04:42 AM, #8
                                    RE: Why is my front lower than the back?, grneclipse, Apr-15-03 05:10 PM, #9
                                         RE: Why is my front lower than the back?, Fast420A, Apr-15-03 07:43 PM, #10
                                              RE: Why is my front lower than the back?, likestofloorit, Apr-18-03 12:12 AM, #11

fasterGSApr-12-03 09:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17018, "RE: Why is my front lower than the back?"
In response to Reply # 0

You might see if the springs are reversed.. front on back and vice versa. The front springs are beefier because they support the weight of the engine. From what you describe I would bet this is your problem. Just look at the springs, the actual metal of the springs should be thicker in the front than the rear.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

juggaloApr-13-03 05:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17019, "RE: Why is my front lower than the back?"
In response to Reply # 1

i agree with fasterGS, sounds like you have the front springs on the back, and rear spring on the front. if anything you should have more clearance in the front because the front wheels turn.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

zhr420Apr-13-03 11:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#17031, "RE: Why is my front lower than the back?"
In response to Reply # 2

i have the same problem with my Koni Yellow and Eibachs.
i am gonna take the back apart, again and put the shorter bump stops i got from Energy Suspension in, i will let ya know if that helps or what. when i had my Tokico blues everything was even.
later
"Z"

grneclipseApr-13-03 11:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
#17032, "RE: Why is my front lower than the back?"
In response to Reply # 3

Ok thanks for the help guys!

two questions though

What kind of springs are "blue"? Never seen those before

and are the front and rear springs interchangable for the eclipse? I know for some hondas and acuras that they will not even sit on the perch correctly, but I think somebody told me that you can mix them up like that on the eclipse. Thanks again

Fast420AApr-13-03 12:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#17033, "RE: Why is my front lower than the back?"
In response to Reply # 4

My Neupseed Sport Springs were blue. The Race spirings are green I think.

Maxspeed coil overs are also blue.

Here's some older pics of my Neuspeed sport springs.

http://members.aol.com/ohshootuhh/camber.html

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

shuwa29Apr-13-03 02:25 PM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#17036, "RE: Why is my front lower than the back?"
In response to Reply # 5

my sprint are blue.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

1TuffRSApr-14-03 11:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#17045, "RE: Why is my front lower than the back?"
In response to Reply # 6

my nuespeed sports are blue too.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

TalonSpeedApr-15-03 04:42 AM
Member since Oct 15th 2002
446 posts,
#17052, "RE: Why is my front lower than the back?"
In response to Reply # 7

Blue Spring + uneven drop = H&R sports. H&R springs are blue and they are supposed to drop the front lower than the rear, that is how they are designed.

I have a pair of H&R sports on my car. The Front is noticeable lower than the rear, giving the car a "meaner" look to it. I have the factory 16s in the front and the top of the tire is almost in the fender.

grneclipseApr-15-03 05:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
743 posts,
#17062, "RE: Why is my front lower than the back?"
In response to Reply # 8

They are in fact neuspeeds

Took it to a shop today,

only one side was swapped front to rear so we switched them back out and guess what? Same thing, WTF, any other ideas?>

Fast420AApr-15-03 07:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#17067, "RE: Why is my front lower than the back?"
In response to Reply # 9

If they are the neuspeeds then you need to look on the spring for the part number. The fronts will end in F and the Rears end in R

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

likestoflooritApr-18-03 12:12 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
397 posts,
#17099, "RE: Why is my front lower than the back?"
In response to Reply # 10

someone asked if they were interchangeable omg thats a big word anyways.. they are rated at diffrent wieghts..like mine said 500 on the front and 400 on the back cause its lighter..

97 Rs 5sp
-Intake
-Front upper strut bar
-Tint 20% o yeah
-Coilovers/KYB ADJ
-60mm TB
-P&P intake mani
-Cat Back System.
-Funny Rims?? dont lie
~likestofloorit.. (1/4=16.258)(60=2.363)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17017 Previous topic | Next topic