Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectWhy is my front lower than the back?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=17017
17017, Why is my front lower than the back?
Posted by grneclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, got my GST two weeks ago, so I'm back in the dsm family

However, I am pretty confused as to why my front end is literally 1 inch off the ground and the rear is kinda jacked up

On the front I don't have any clearance but one finger to put my finger through the well, on the rear I can put 3-4 fingers

I took the car to Tire Kingsom where my friend worked and he said everything checked out fine, the springs seemed good and the struts weren't blown

The set-up I have is (keep in mind, I bought the car like this so)

Tokico illuminas adjustables
Lowering Springs (there blue)???

Now I know the struts only effect the stiffness of the ride, but the rear setting was set to the fullest stiffness, could it keep my car's ass jacked up? and vice versa for the front?

OR

Could the rear springs fit on the front? Maybe the previous owner got it screwed up?

Thanks again guys
17018, RE: Why is my front lower than the back?
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You might see if the springs are reversed.. front on back and vice versa. The front springs are beefier because they support the weight of the engine. From what you describe I would bet this is your problem. Just look at the springs, the actual metal of the springs should be thicker in the front than the rear.
17019, RE: Why is my front lower than the back?
Posted by juggalo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i agree with fasterGS, sounds like you have the front springs on the back, and rear spring on the front. if anything you should have more clearance in the front because the front wheels turn.
17031, RE: Why is my front lower than the back?
Posted by zhr420, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have the same problem with my Koni Yellow and Eibachs.
i am gonna take the back apart, again and put the shorter bump stops i got from Energy Suspension in, i will let ya know if that helps or what. when i had my Tokico blues everything was even.
later
"Z"
17032, RE: Why is my front lower than the back?
Ok thanks for the help guys!

two questions though

What kind of springs are "blue"? Never seen those before

and are the front and rear springs interchangable for the eclipse? I know for some hondas and acuras that they will not even sit on the perch correctly, but I think somebody told me that you can mix them up like that on the eclipse. Thanks again
17033, RE: Why is my front lower than the back?
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My Neupseed Sport Springs were blue. The Race spirings are green I think.

Maxspeed coil overs are also blue.

Here's some older pics of my Neuspeed sport springs.

http://members.aol.com/ohshootuhh/camber.html

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com
17036, RE: Why is my front lower than the back?
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my sprint are blue.
later
17045, RE: Why is my front lower than the back?
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my nuespeed sports are blue too.
17052, RE: Why is my front lower than the back?
Posted by TalonSpeed, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Blue Spring + uneven drop = H&R sports. H&R springs are blue and they are supposed to drop the front lower than the rear, that is how they are designed.

I have a pair of H&R sports on my car. The Front is noticeable lower than the rear, giving the car a "meaner" look to it. I have the factory 16s in the front and the top of the tire is almost in the fender.
17062, RE: Why is my front lower than the back?
They are in fact neuspeeds

Took it to a shop today,

only one side was swapped front to rear so we switched them back out and guess what? Same thing, WTF, any other ideas?>
17067, RE: Why is my front lower than the back?
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If they are the neuspeeds then you need to look on the spring for the part number. The fronts will end in F and the Rears end in R

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com
17099, RE: Why is my front lower than the back?
Posted by likestofloorit, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
someone asked if they were interchangeable omg thats a big word anyways.. they are rated at diffrent wieghts..like mine said 500 on the front and 400 on the back cause its lighter..
I generated this page in 0.010171890258789 seconds, executing 7 queries.