Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16910
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help removing...." Previous topic | Next topic
ClipseRSTApr-08-03 09:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
325 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16910, "Help removing...."

I need help removing the rear tow control arm. There’s a bolt that I can not get out... I have illustrated the bolt in my pictures. Is there a trick to it...? I know I have to match up the lines so I can put it back in, but I can not get the bolt out... I’ve used everything in my arsenal. I will give points for help.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Help removing...., Dinkjs, Apr-08-03 09:57 AM, #1
RE: Help removing...., ClipseRST, Apr-08-03 10:13 AM, #2
      RE: Help removing...., Jesters Eclipse, Apr-08-03 11:06 AM, #3
           RE: Help removing...., juggalo, Apr-08-03 11:56 AM, #4
                RE: Help removing...., ClipseRST, Apr-08-03 12:29 PM, #5
                     RE: Help removing...., ClipseRST, Apr-08-03 01:51 PM, #6
                          RE: Help removing...., 95_ESi_Person, Apr-09-03 02:03 PM, #7
                               RE: Help removing...., ClipseRST, Apr-09-03 03:24 PM, #8

DinkjsApr-08-03 09:57 AM
Member since Jun 16th 2002
1035 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16913, "RE: Help removing...."
In response to Reply # 0

I bet that sucker is torqued really tight.....have you tried a breaker bar....so someone with an air tool to get it out?????

Performance: Stuff that makes my car run better or go faster

Looks: Stock because looks doesnt make my car go faster or run better

Weight Reduction: CF Hood, No A/C or Powersteering Accessories, No rear interior

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ClipseRSTApr-08-03 10:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
325 posts,
#16914, "RE: Help removing...."
In response to Reply # 1

Ive already got the nut off the one side, but the bolt wont slide out.

Jesters EclipseApr-08-03 11:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
178 posts,
#16915, "RE: Help removing...."
In response to Reply # 2

I had a similar problem w/ my front lower control arm. I kept turning the ratchet while I was hitting the other side of the bolt with a hammer. I also used a lot of WD-40 to lube things up. Just be careful that you dont screw up the threads.

juggaloApr-08-03 11:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#16918, "RE: Help removing...."
In response to Reply # 3

just push on the end while you turn the bolt. it will back itself out

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

ClipseRSTApr-08-03 12:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
325 posts,
#16920, "RE: Help removing...."
In response to Reply # 4

I might be a weakling but I cant even turn it...

ClipseRSTApr-08-03 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
325 posts,
#16924, "RE: Help removing...."
In response to Reply # 5

I figured it out... thanks for suggestions... Alll I need was a saw...

95_ESi_PersonApr-09-03 02:03 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#16956, "RE: Help removing...."
In response to Reply # 6

you said you needed a saw... were you packing heat? you should have taken a torch to that mofo... i've had to do that to get my calipers off (not the calipers, but the brackets they mount to)

ClipseRSTApr-09-03 03:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
325 posts,
#16957, "RE: Help removing...."
In response to Reply # 7

LOL... Yes I did take a torch to it then tryed pounding it out....NOT A GOOD IDEA WHEN THE METAL IS HOT!!! It basically compacted my bolt tighter so it was way to thick for nut to go back on. I got fed up and grabbed the saw.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16910 Previous topic | Next topic