Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectHelp removing....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=16910
16910, Help removing....
Posted by ClipseRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I need help removing the rear tow control arm. There’s a bolt that I can not get out... I have illustrated the bolt in my pictures. Is there a trick to it...? I know I have to match up the lines so I can put it back in, but I can not get the bolt out... I’ve used everything in my arsenal. I will give points for help.

16913, RE: Help removing....
Posted by Dinkjs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I bet that sucker is torqued really tight.....have you tried a breaker bar....so someone with an air tool to get it out?????

Performance: Stuff that makes my car run better or go faster

Looks: Stock because looks doesnt make my car go faster or run better

Weight Reduction: CF Hood, No A/C or Powersteering Accessories, No rear interior

16914, RE: Help removing....
Ive already got the nut off the one side, but the bolt wont slide out.
16915, RE: Help removing....
Posted by Jesters Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had a similar problem w/ my front lower control arm. I kept turning the ratchet while I was hitting the other side of the bolt with a hammer. I also used a lot of WD-40 to lube things up. Just be careful that you dont screw up the threads.
16918, RE: Help removing....
Posted by juggalo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
just push on the end while you turn the bolt. it will back itself out
16920, RE: Help removing....
I might be a weakling but I cant even turn it...
16924, RE: Help removing....
I figured it out... thanks for suggestions... Alll I need was a saw...
16956, RE: Help removing....
Posted by 95_ESi_Person, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you said you needed a saw... were you packing heat? you should have taken a torch to that mofo... i've had to do that to get my calipers off (not the calipers, but the brackets they mount to)
16957, RE: Help removing....
LOL... Yes I did take a torch to it then tryed pounding it out....NOT A GOOD IDEA WHEN THE METAL IS HOT!!! It basically compacted my bolt tighter so it was way to thick for nut to go back on. I got fed up and grabbed the saw.
I generated this page in 0.0090980529785156 seconds, executing 7 queries.