Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16640
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone with Pro Kits and Koni Yellows..." Previous topic | Next topic
zhr420Mar-26-03 05:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16640, "Anyone with Pro Kits and Koni Yellows..."

could someone with the above setup please post a pic of how high you rear is, i just installed the pro kits and the rear is still is too high, i can fit like three fingers in the wheel gap.
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

zhr420Mar-27-03 06:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16676, "RE: Anyone with Pro Kits and Koni Yellows..."
In response to Reply # 0

come on guys someone help me out, before i start lookin for coilovers, it has been two days and my car sits way too high.
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Mystic511Mar-28-03 08:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#16683, "RE: Anyone with Pro Kits and Koni Yellows..."
In response to Reply # 1

Did you cut the bumpstops?

Are the springs properly seated on the spring perch?

Are you sure you have the right shocks?

Are you sure you didn't accidently put the front springs in the back? (if i remember correctly, the fronts are thicker)

How much did you tighten down the struts? See what happens if you try to tighten more.

Look into the wheel well and see how the spring sits on the shock, is it actually being compressed or is it just sitting there? ie, can you move the spring?

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

zhr420Mar-28-03 10:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#16687, "RE: Anyone with Pro Kits and Koni Yellows..."
In response to Reply # 2

no i did not cut the bump stops, when i had the tokico setup i didn't and i got the ride hieght that i liked but no adjustablity.

yes, i have the right shocks.

no, i made sure that the spring placement was correct.

i tightened down the shocks as much as possible i will try to do more but i doubt it has more thread to grab.

i will check how the spring is sittin.
thanks for the help man anything else please let me know.
later
"Z"

ClayMar-29-03 09:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#16704, "RE: Anyone with Pro Kits and Koni Yellows..."
In response to Reply # 3

If i remember correctly, the Koni yellows had an adjustable spring perch.

95 GST | So-Cal

zhr420Mar-31-03 10:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#16762, "RE: Anyone with Pro Kits and Koni Yellows..."
In response to Reply # 4

nope...
later
"Z"

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16640 Previous topic | Next topic