Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15523
View in linear mode

Subject: "should i lower it yet?" Previous topic | Next topic
2hot97GSFeb-06-03 06:35 PM
Member since Aug 18th 2002
413 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15523, "Poll question: should i lower it yet?"

i just finally got my tokiko blues to go with my progress springs.. and of course i wanna put em on asap.. but i dunno if im gona 'snow plow' and all... its like a 2 inch drop and shit.. should i go for it?

Travis
Blue 93 Talon AWD
Best Time 11.9 w/ 104 octane
-Objects in mirror are getting thier asses kicked-

Poll result (11 votes)
no way.. its still winter (3 votes)Vote
get that shit on there man (8 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jerseystyle1Feb-06-03 06:45 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15524, "RE: should i lower it yet?"
In response to Reply # 0

I say slam it, but make sure you hook up the camber kits and get an alignment

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamner947Feb-06-03 06:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#15525, "RE: should i lower it yet?"
In response to Reply # 1

i have the blues too. they're pretty nice, but definately a little on the "almost too firm" side. maybe it's the eibach sportlines, i don't really know.

i think the sportlines drop the car about 1.6" in both the front and the rear. a little too much IMO, i should have probably gotten the prokits (1.3" drop from what i hear). if you have a stock body, and you're careful how you approach speed bumps/really bad driveways/insane inclines you'll be ok. back in the day i used to have the blitz front bumper, and it didn't take very long to get pretty messed up.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

97xtcFeb-07-03 04:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
353 posts,
#15531, "RE: should i lower it yet?"
In response to Reply # 2

Drop it, I put on my sprint kit in November and have no problems. I live in upper NY state and we do get a heck of alot of snow. Nothing like the feeling of seein your ride on a 2" drop for the first time.

ASE certified master auto technician

jdpilotFeb-08-03 02:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#15560, "RE: should i lower it yet?"
In response to Reply # 3

Dump it!!

And look at my below link, pic 2 for some snow clearance on sportlines!!

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

espilcEGSFeb-10-03 11:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#15596, "RE: should i lower it yet?"
In response to Reply # 4

The biggest thing i would worry about is the CAI. I was lowered in the winter(see sig). My AEM filter would turn into a block of ice. Had to run it as a short ram in the winter. That was easy for me since i had the bypass valve.

05 STi

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15523 Previous topic | Next topic