Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1341
View in linear mode

Subject: "Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaMar-26-01 12:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1341, "Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?"

I kind of like - camber. lowered my car 2 inches so would it be better to do the mod or just get a wheel alignment. I heard that your wheels will wear even faster not because of - camber but not having proper wheel alignment.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?, AvengerES97, Mar-26-01 02:16 PM, #1
RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Mar-26-01 02:30 PM, #2
      RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?, klipzracer, Mar-26-01 03:07 PM, #3
           RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Mar-26-01 03:12 PM, #4
                RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?, BLKOUT, Mar-26-01 05:13 PM, #5
                RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?, HadesOmega, Mar-26-01 05:23 PM, #7
                RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?, HadesOmega, Mar-26-01 05:18 PM, #6
                     RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?, BLKOUT, Mar-26-01 05:45 PM, #8

AvengerES97Mar-26-01 02:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
167 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1342, "RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?"
In response to Reply # 0

um camber is part of wheel alignment

Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES
Daytona Beach/Orlando FL
Member of ASOG - SE
CJones82@msn.com
AOL IM - DAvengerES97

Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 5spd
"Racing Your Honda Is Like Running In The Special Olympics.....Even If You Win You're Still Retarded!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorEvuLFleAMar-26-01 02:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1343, "RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?"
In response to Reply # 1

Camber an alignment are 2 different problems.

ICQ #2199879
AOL - EvuLFleA
stillk@geocites.com

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

klipzracerMar-26-01 03:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#1344, "RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?"
In response to Reply # 2

okay nobody knows what they are talkin about! when you do the camber mod you get the wheels aligned afterward.

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Life is short, rev hard!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

ModeratorEvuLFleAMar-26-01 03:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1345, "RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?"
In response to Reply # 3

Im just saying there is a difference between camber and an alignment. You fix your camber and than get it aligned. Im not sure if your supposed to align after adjusting you camber though. Who knows. I got my alignment done and havnt got a camber kit yet.

ICQ #2199879
AOL - EvuLFleA
stillk@geocites.com

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

BLKOUTMar-26-01 05:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
218 posts,
#1346, "RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?"
In response to Reply # 4

Get the alignment done after you do the camber mod. Anytime you touch your suspension it will throw off the alignment settings some how, maybe just a little by why take chances. There is no factory adjustment for the rear-wheel camber on our car. So after the alignment the shop will tell you where your rear camber is in relation to what the factory calls for. After I did the mod on my car the rear camber was with-in the factory specs. Of course your set-up may be different than mine, so that doesn't mean this mod is gonna do that for everyone. Hope this helps.
Joe
97 GS w/ Hahn stage 2
Keep cruisin' & keep the shiny side up.
http://joeseclipse.homestead.com

Yeah I got two tens in the back...two ten pound bottles!!!!

Joe
97 GS w/ HRC stage 2 +

HadesOmegaMar-26-01 05:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1347, "RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?"
In response to Reply # 5

wow caught me while I was typing. Anyway if I don't do the camber mod I might be able to make it within factory specs?

I remember when I had my dorky 14s on I had Positive camber wear.

Perhaps I'll just go on with the alignment and wait till I get a front camber kit then slam that sucka.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

HadesOmegaMar-26-01 05:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1348, "RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?"
In response to Reply # 4

so is it ok to just do an alignment? Should I ask the dude how much camber my car is at while I'm at it?

Is 2 inches bad camber wear? I wanna go lower cuz it doesn't look lowered at all. I can do that on the fly hehe

I realize a wheel alignment and camber are both different things.

Who sez FF can't drift?

BLKOUTMar-26-01 05:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
218 posts,
#1349, "RE: Should I do the 15 dollar camber mod b4 Wheel Alignment?"
In response to Reply # 6

Do you have your car lowered now? I assumed you do. You will be okay with just an alignment, but your rear camber may be out of specs. It won't cause any probs with the car other than increased tire wear. I rode around for awhile without any kind of camber mod on the rear. I still haven't had to put anything on the front and it's well within specs. If your thinking of lowering your car then just do it and the rear camber mod, get an alignment and you should be fine. The shop should tell you where your rear camber setting is, if they don't just ask and they will tell. They have to adjust camber when doing an alignment anyway so he will know.
Joe
97 GS w/ Hahn stage 2
Keep cruisin' & keep the shiny side up.
http://joeseclipse.homestead.com

Yeah I got two tens in the back...two ten pound bottles!!!!

Joe
97 GS w/ HRC stage 2 +

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1341 Previous topic | Next topic