Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12855
View in linear mode

Subject: "2 or 4 SS Brake Lines" Previous topic | Next topic
SemperboostOct-21-02 12:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12855, "2 or 4 SS Brake Lines"

Is there any place that sells just the front SS brake lines for the GSX? I have drums in the back and I don't think they really need SS brake lines, rite? Is it hard to change em out in the back? THanks yall

Alvin

96 RST

Star Stage I turbo kit /Starion I/C w/ 2" chrome piping / GReddy Type-S BOV / Missing Link / Custom APEXi- GReddy 2.5" exhaust / 55mm ARD TB/ Nology wires / APEXi EL mech boost gauge / Autometer A/F gauge / Southland Dual Friction clutch / B&M short shifter / Energy Suspension shifter bushings / 16" GSX Rims / Front/ Rear camberkits / Eibach Prokits / Tokico Blues/ Front Upper, Rear Lower strut bars / Rear GST sway bar
GSX Dual Piston Calipers, X-drilled rotors /

Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

fasterGSOct-21-02 03:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12856, "RE: 2 or 4 SS Brake Lines"
In response to Reply # 0

Ive been looking everywhere and all I can find is 4.. and the best price by far is RRE at 85 bucks. If anyone knows of anything better let us know.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

pn0ymahalOct-21-02 04:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12857, "RE: 2 or 4 SS Brake Lines"
In response to Reply # 1

when i got my ss lines from rre it was $79 ...

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins anyone got a 420a block thats not spun/head for sale?

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

BoostedGSOct-22-02 12:15 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#12858, "RE: 2 or 4 SS Brake Lines"
In response to Reply # 2

The main reason for going with SS brake lines is because it improves response and pedal pressure. A quote from RRE's website....."braided lines provide a firmer pedal for more positive control under extreme conditions."

So even though you haven't upgraded your rear brakes yet, you still need the SS lines front AND back to get that stiffer pedal pressure. I think that's why they are only sold in the set of 4.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12855 Previous topic | Next topic