Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1165
View in linear mode

Subject: "never lowered a car, what will I need???" Previous topic | Next topic
kicker830Mar-20-01 08:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1165, "never lowered a car, what will I need???"

I am kind of new to the thought of lowering a car.... I need to know what parts I need first of all, and also will I be able to do this my self or will I have to pay someone big money to some shop to get this done. Thanks for any help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???, Teamicjeclipse, Mar-20-01 11:21 AM, #1
RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???, DSMRoadster, Mar-20-01 04:32 PM, #2
RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???, John99RS, Mar-21-01 09:39 AM, #3
RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???, Teamicjeclipse, Mar-21-01 02:34 PM, #4
      RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???, DSMRoadster, Mar-21-01 07:04 PM, #5
           RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???, DSMRoadster, Mar-24-01 08:50 PM, #6
don't forget!, ModeratorVX100, Mar-25-01 12:54 AM, #8
To lower your car you need to....., klipzracer, Mar-24-01 09:03 PM, #7

TeamicjeclipseMar-20-01 11:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1166, "RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???"
In response to Reply # 0

The first time my car was lowered, it was $150 installed for Tenzo-R springs and they cut one extra coil off for 3 inch drop. Then i bought Skunks for $200 and it cost $80 for the install.

If you are a little good with tools you can buy some coil-overs for $150-$200 and install yourself using http://www.vfaq.com for direction on the install.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSMRoadsterMar-20-01 04:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#1167, "RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???"
In response to Reply # 1

where is that spring/coilover installation page with the pictures?

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

John99RSMar-21-01 09:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#1168, "RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???"
In response to Reply # 2

It's on the maine page under the Mods section.

John
AOL IM: John99RS
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

TeamicjeclipseMar-21-01 02:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#1169, "RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???"
In response to Reply # 2

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/GCkit-2G.html

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

DSMRoadsterMar-21-01 07:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#1170, "RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???"
In response to Reply # 4

If you're just putting lowering springs on (eibach pros) then all you need to do is just loosen the stock shox and replace the stock springs with the new springs and just slide it back in? Put it down short, is it easier when puting lowering springs on with stock shox?
F.K.A Veasna97NT

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

DSMRoadsterMar-24-01 08:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#1171, "RE: never lowered a car, what will I need???"
In response to Reply # 5

Anyone...Bueller...Bueller?
F.K.A Veasna97NT

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

ModeratorVX100Mar-25-01 12:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1172, "don't forget!"
In response to Reply # 1

if you're going to lower the car, don't forget about new shocks which can handle the lower, stiffer springs

AND... get thicker anti sway bars! When you lower the car the roll center o the car drops down as well, and you need stiffer/thincker anti sway bars to compensate.

also, I don't remember the procedure for replacing springs/shocks but it's not too diffucult, just a bit time consuming

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

klipzracerMar-24-01 09:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#1173, "To lower your car you need to....."
In response to Reply # 0

..."wobble, wobble" and then "drop it like it's hot."
hehehe j/k

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Life is short, rev hard!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1165 Previous topic | Next topic