Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10537
View in linear mode

Subject: "alignment for lowered car" Previous topic | Next topic
97GS ATJul-02-02 11:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
814 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10537, "alignment for lowered car"

a shop(goodyear) tell me I have to get a camber kit(front , rear) in order to do the alignment for Eclipse, and they dont't promise anything. I lowered for about 2.2" and I got the rear camber kit. Is that the truth?

Ken

5zigen rearsection/Cherrybomb glasspack resonator/injen short ram intake/AFX UDP/Fidanza cam gears/Power Stop cross drill rotors(front)/shunk2 coilover/Koni adjustable (front)/KYB struts(rear)Konig V-racing front bar/rear upper bar/Enkei RSF2 17" with Kumho/ Nakayamaprojectors /WW 3 pieces wing/M3 mirror/interior mods

Ken

5zigen rearsection/Cherrybomb glasspack resonator/Bosal header/injen short ram intake/ported TB/AFX UDP/Fidanza cam gears/Power Stop cross drill rotors(fron

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: alignment for lowered car, mcgyvr, Jul-03-02 01:01 AM, #1
RE: alignment for lowered car, BoostedGS, Jul-03-02 01:25 AM, #2
RE: alignment for lowered car, mcgyvr, Jul-03-02 02:38 AM, #3
RE: alignment for lowered car, 97GS AT, Jul-03-02 05:30 AM, #4
      RE: alignment for lowered car, mcgyvr, Jul-03-02 06:37 AM, #5
RE: alignment for lowered car, 96Eclipsed, Jul-03-02 06:59 AM, #6
      RE: alignment for lowered car, jsupetran, Jul-03-02 07:26 AM, #7
      RE: alignment for lowered car, BoostedGS, Jul-03-02 08:07 AM, #8
           RE: alignment for lowered car, Z87RSMan, Jul-03-02 08:30 AM, #9
                RE: alignment for lowered car, BoostedGS, Jul-03-02 08:57 AM, #10

mcgyvrJul-03-02 01:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10538, "RE: alignment for lowered car"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes this is the truth, they can adj. toe caster etc.. but its kind of pointless if the camber is off. And anything over 1.5" drop will USUALLY require camber kits

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BoostedGSJul-03-02 01:25 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#10539, "RE: alignment for lowered car"
In response to Reply # 0

I was having the same problem. My car is lowered 2" and no place in town can do an alignment because my car is too low to drive over the machine. I even have camber correction kits on the front, and I fixed my camber on the rear by adding washers behind the bolts.

Luckily, some of the guys in my car club (Colorado DSM) have the tools to do it yourself.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

mcgyvrJul-03-02 02:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#10540, "RE: alignment for lowered car"
In response to Reply # 2

yes most alignment shops cant do it when your lowered you have to go find one with the special machine for lowered vehicals, it used like gps/satelite or something instead of the laser beam under the car.

Thats how most work is the shoot a laser beam from one tire to the other under the car.

I got around this by holding the black plastic shield up as they aligned it, that is what is blocking the laser, its on the driver side its the black plastic guard thats right below the battery area

Mods are:
Not enough

97GS ATJul-03-02 05:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
814 posts,
#10541, "RE: alignment for lowered car"
In response to Reply # 3

they said they can do lowered car and that was the camber issue matter them.

Ken

5zigen rearsection/Cherrybomb glasspack resonator/injen short ram intake/AFX UDP/Fidanza cam gears/Power Stop cross drill rotors(front)/shunk2 coilover/Koni adjustable (front)/KYB struts(rear)Konig V-racing front bar/rear upper bar/Enkei RSF2 17" with Kumho/ Nakayamaprojectors /WW 3 pieces wing/M3 mirror/interior mods

Ken

5zigen rearsection/Cherrybomb glasspack resonator/Bosal header/injen short ram intake/ported TB/AFX UDP/Fidanza cam gears/Power Stop cross drill rotors(fron

mcgyvrJul-03-02 06:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#10542, "RE: alignment for lowered car"
In response to Reply # 4

gotta get the kit then

Mods are:
Not enough

96EclipsedJul-03-02 06:59 AM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1923 posts,
#10543, "RE: alignment for lowered car"
In response to Reply # 2

>I was having the same problem. My car is lowered 2" and no
>place in town can do an alignment because my car is too low
>to drive over the machine. I even have camber correction
>kits on the front, and I fixed my camber on the rear by
>adding washers behind the bolts.
>
>Luckily, some of the guys in my car club (Colorado DSM) have
>the tools to do it yourself.

Off topic.

I'm not a fan of red cars, but your's is one of the nicest cars I've seen.. Very clean. I'm envious..

weather turning towards a storm broken down road continue on coexistance imitating paradise
unlike any seen moist has been dancing crazy overcast ash grey wording constantly pushing pulling pushes away

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

drew back a rusty knife guilt ladle pour it on understand i burn inside how to get out of here how do you get out of this natures revenge nature
cage craving wonder the worth of it scream at the top of your lungs so many times tried not to wonder

jsupetranJul-03-02 07:26 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#10544, "RE: alignment for lowered car"
In response to Reply # 6

my cars lowered about 1.5 with a prokit so do you think i could get my car aligned at any shop or do i need to find those special shops?

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

BoostedGSJul-03-02 08:07 AM
1329 posts,
#10545, "RE: alignment for lowered car"
In response to Reply # 6

>I'm not a fan of red cars, but your's is one of the nicest
>cars I've seen.. Very clean. I'm envious..

Thanks! It's hard to keep a car in good condition here in Colorado. The city dumps so much sand on the roads in the winter and it really tears up your paint. I just had the front of the car repainted last November, so it's looking pretty clean so far.

You are not your job.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Z87RSManJul-03-02 08:30 AM
Member since Mar 07th 2002
2188 posts,
#10546, "RE: alignment for lowered car"
In response to Reply # 8

BoostedGS,

What kind of rims are those? Thumbs up brotha!

Luke

1998 Mustang GT 5-speed
2002 Lone Star Shelby Cobra Replica

BoostedGSJul-03-02 08:57 AM
1329 posts,
#10547, "RE: alignment for lowered car"
In response to Reply # 9

17" Konig Reigns. Thanks again!

"They're 20's.....okay they're 10's but I keep em real clean!" - Next Friday

You are not your job.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10537 Previous topic | Next topic