Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10415
View in linear mode

Subject: "Question with new rims" Previous topic | Next topic
HeDogJun-26-02 01:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10415, "Question with new rims"

I just got my new Motegi rims & I noticed that there is a package with 4 plastic rings in it (assume 1 for each wheel). I looked through the info for putting the rims on & such & I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what they're for? I initially thought that they'd go on before the wheel, but I really don't know. Any info would be great, I'm getting them mounted & put on tomorrow.Thanks.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=879

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamicjeclipseJun-26-02 04:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10416, "RE: Question with new rims"
In response to Reply # 0

they may go on the back of your center caps, on the inner side of the wheel.

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Doug96GSJun-26-02 05:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#10417, "RE: Question with new rims"
In response to Reply # 1

Yea, probably pieces to the centercaps.

espilcEGSJun-28-02 07:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#10418, "RE: Question with new rims"
In response to Reply # 2

I was going to explain it but found this:

Hub centric rings are manufactured so that when they are installed on a vehicle, the wheels are located directly off of the centre flange of the brake drum or rotor. This is done to insure that the outer beads of the wheel are concentric with the wheel bearings. The result is a much truer, better balanced tire/wheel assembly. This is very important with modern high tech suspension systems.

There you go! Throw them on and then the wheels.....

05 STi

NX112Jul-01-02 01:34 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2002
444 posts,
#10419, "RE: Question with new rims"
In response to Reply # 3

how much do the stock rims weigh for the 95 gs? I just got the motegi mr7's too. i was wondering about how much weight i dropped......

"Objects In Mirror Are Losing"

Amish_EclipseJul-01-02 07:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#10420, "RE: Question with new rims"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah those are called hub centric rings. basically they help the wheel mount flush onto the wheel hub so you don't get any wild vibration and break your studs off and lose a wheel driving down the road

hub centrics don't do anything with balancing. right now the industry standard in wheel balancing is called a spin balancer. it mounts the wheel on a post on the side of the machine and you slide a cone down the post to fit flush into the hub flange of the wheel. than you take this giant wing nut lookin thing and spin it onto the post so that the back of the wheel seats on the balancer flush simulating a mounted wheel. hub centrics are to help with clearance around the hub so the wheel fits on nice and tight.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10415 Previous topic | Next topic