Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1034
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need instructions for GS-T sway bars on RS" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorEvuLFleAMar-11-01 03:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1034, "Need instructions for GS-T sway bars on RS"

Is there a page or anything. Can anyone help me because I just bought the front and rear.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
here ya go...., TeamJasonESi_T, Mar-11-01 04:38 PM, #1
RE: here ya go...., Moderatorjuan, Mar-11-01 07:36 PM, #2
      RE: here ya go...., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Mar-12-01 07:28 AM, #3
           RE: here ya go...., TeamJasonESi_T, Mar-12-01 07:37 AM, #4
did you get the correct bushings for the front?, TeamDeanoD, Mar-12-01 11:39 AM, #5
RE: Need instructions for GS-T sway bars on RS, gzrs99, Mar-16-01 05:37 PM, #6

TeamJasonESi_TMar-11-01 04:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1035, "here ya go...."
In response to Reply # 0

It's what I used for mine. REAR only. There isnt any out there for the fronts which will be harder probably.

http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/sway.html
Courtesy of Corbin

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorjuanMar-11-01 07:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#1036, "RE: here ya go...."
In response to Reply # 1

and its also available from the Mods link on the main page (www.2gnt.com)...

juan

ModeratorEvuLFleAMar-12-01 07:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1037, "RE: here ya go...."
In response to Reply # 2

Hey Jason how long did it take you to do it?

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

TeamJasonESi_TMar-12-01 07:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#1038, "RE: here ya go...."
In response to Reply # 3

I think it took me two hours tops. IT really wasn't too bad either. I think it was the first REAL mod I ever did as well. Definitely the first suspension mod ever. Just get a breaker bar as that'll make it easier for any tough bolts. You know how it goes with suspension stuff. It's all about removing bolts.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

TeamDeanoDMar-12-01 11:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#1039, "did you get the correct bushings for the front?"
In response to Reply # 0

GS-T uses the same mounting brackets and endlinks for the front sway. It has to have (front)19mm bushings(rubber or poly) instead of the 16mm that are in there already on your RS. If you did not buy the new bushings for the front sway bar, do not install it until you have them. I think I also removed my front right wheel and lower brace below the swaybar. It kind of dropped out one side and pulled it through the wheel well...from what I can remember.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

gzrs99Mar-16-01 05:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
108 posts,
#1040, "RE: Need instructions for GS-T sway bars on RS"
In response to Reply # 0

Check the mods on 2gnt.com. Instructions are straight forward. job can be done in 1-1/2 -- 21/2 hours. For me, I found it easier to use a 17mm 6pt socket or 6pt box wrench. I tried using a 12 point socket/wrench I ended up stripping the bolt heads. It's easier, if you try removing/loosing the nuts on the LCAS first. Remember, SAFETY FIRST USE THEM jack stands if available.

***Side note your gonna wish for some thing better after the rear sway bar install. Save up and buy your self some aftermarket sway bars. I know I did.... after 2weeks of the rear GST install, I ordered a set of rm sway bars.

---Power is nothing without control---

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1034 Previous topic | Next topic