Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9281
View in linear mode

Subject: "New rotors and breaks are in!! Now I have more Questions???" Previous topic | Next topic
proDMDMay-10-02 07:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9281, "New rotors and breaks are in!! Now I have more Questions???"

Thanks to all who helped out with the questions I had about my rotors not coming off...I just soaked it good with wd40 and smacked the back w/ a rubber mallet and off she goes..Now Im in the process of breaking in the master metal pads. I was told to go 30mph and come to a slow stop and repeat about 10x..well the rotors have a buring smell and the pads are making my nice clean brembo crossdrilled/slotted rotors turn black and my check engine light is now on...is this all normal? TIA

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ezMay-10-02 11:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9282, "RE: New rotors and breaks are in!! Now I have more Questions???"
In response to Reply # 0

Your pads will wear in after a while, and then your brake dust won't be as excessive (that scared me too in the beginning)

As for the CEL - oh oh! That could mean anything. Did the brake light come on too???

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

proDMDMay-10-02 11:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
#9283, "RE: New rotors and breaks are in!! Now I have more Questions???"
In response to Reply # 1

no the break light is not on...I never noticed how hot the rotors got before..I mean I drive to the end of the street and back and I could fry and egg on them and its only about 60degrees here in MA..could the excessive heat from the rotors cause the check engine light to come on?

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

RemyMay-10-02 06:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#9284, "RE: New rotors and breaks are in!! Now I have more Questions???"
In response to Reply # 2

where are you located in mass ?

Auto Tranny- Full Blitz kit- Termanator wing w/led - 17'GTR Rims- M3 mirrors w/led- Custom 2.5" Exhaust- Aem CAI w/ bypass valve- G-3 Altezzas- Indiglo Gauges- Eibach sportline springs- Pacesetter Headers-
Kenwoood indash tv/dvd/dreamcast - JL Audio custom 12x3 12" sub- JL Audio 250/1 amp -MB Quart 5 1/4 fronts- Sony 6x9 backs

Remdawgz@aol.com

10 MB C300- Family Car
07 MB CLK350 - Daily Driver
03 Evo VIII GSR - 569hp Daily Driver
04 Evo VIII RS - Weekend Warrior (sold)
95 TSI AWD-500+hp- sold (huge mistake))
95 Eclipse (First NYC turbo'd 420a) sold
6 other dsms sold or parted out.

CornBread Racing
R.I.P Shane aka Cornbread.
Racing will never be the same with out you brother.

proDMDMay-11-02 06:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
#9285, "RE: New rotors and breaks are in!! Now I have more Questions???"
In response to Reply # 3

Im in Stoughton MA where are you at...ok well my check engine light is off today and I was in the car for over an hour driving around everything seems to be fine...next project is to get my KYB AGX and prokit put in..maybe next weekend

proDMDMay-11-02 06:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
#9286, "RE: New rotors and breaks are in!! Now I have more Questions???"
In response to Reply # 4

hey Remy what color is your blitz kit? there are only a few around where I live that I know off...dark blue,lime green,and orange..wanna trade cars! hehe

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9281 Previous topic | Next topic