Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6240
View in threaded mode

Subject: "ac belt w/out power steering" Previous topic | Next topic
jeff_TXJan-31-02 06:37 AM
Member since Jan 31st 2002
21 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6240, "ac belt w/out power steering"

jeff_TX,

I snapped the tensioner bolt for the power steering and ac belt. I've been driving the car without power steering for a while and like how the car handles better without it. I need the ac cause I'm in TX. Anyone know of a belt size to drive the ac or am I on my own?
jeff_TX

jeff_TX

95 GS
-99 front end conversion w/projectors
-aem cold air
-pacesetter header
-apexi dunk cat back
-energy susp. bushings and sway bars
-kyb gr-2's
-weapon cRap coilovers (replacing)
-frt/rear strut bars
-camber kit
-97 gs rims with m

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
GrashperJan-31-02 07:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6241, "RE: ac belt w/out power steering"
In response to Reply # 0

Damn I am in the same position myself as well as few others on here. But as for the belt no idea. I called about getting a new bolt from the dealer and they said I would have to get the entire tension pulley assembly for 120 bucks. No thanks Satan. And every wrecking around my area doesn't have any Eclipes,Talons, or Avengers at all. But as for the handling,I think it sucks without power steering, mainly because of my 17's always jerking the wheel on every bump.

no more 420A

only 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jeff_TXJan-31-02 08:23 AM
Member since Jan 31st 2002
21 posts,
#6242, "RE: ac belt w/out power steering"
In response to Reply # 0

I ran into the same problem with the dealers, 120 bucks for the whole assembly. I tried a few machine shops for the bolt but nobody has a left hand thread that fits the pulley. Looking at the pulley assembly, I don't see why the thread has to be left handed if there is a locking nut on th eback of the pulley. Im' thinking of drilling out the tensioner and retapping it with a standard bolt. I'll let you know if it works. I see you point about the bump steering with larger wheels, I stil have the stock 16's with factory size tires but I will probably have the same problem as you if I go bigger.

95 GS
-aem cold air
-pacesetter header
-apexi dunk cat back
-kyb gr-2's
-frt/rear strut bars
-camber kit
-97 gs rims with mich. pilots

jeff_TX

95 GS
-aem cold air
-pacesetter header
-apexi dunk cat back
-kyb gr-2's
-frt/rear strut bars
-camber kit
-97 gs rims with m

GrashperJan-31-02 08:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#6243, "RE: ac belt w/out power steering"
In response to Reply # 2

Ya let me know how it turns out. I am getting a good workout without the powersteering but for 1: I am lazy when I drive most of the time, and 2: it sucks when racing

But remember if you mess up that bracket and have to get a new one thats about 40-60 brand new, and thats a part that I would want to get from the dealer. Man I hate Satan!!!!!! Good Luck, let me know

no more 420A

only 4G63

TeamMichael_97RSJan-31-02 09:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#6244, "RE: ac belt w/out power steering"
In response to Reply # 0

Take a rope of piece of string and stretch it around the crank pulley and ac pulley measure it and go get one the right size

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All Motor Beast in the Making

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold, Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6240 Previous topic | Next topic