Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6283
View in linear mode

Subject: "KYB AGX mystery unfolded..." Previous topic | Next topic
jdpilotJan-31-02 12:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6283, "KYB AGX mystery unfolded..."

I sported the AGX a year ago. When I received them I put them on with OBX coilovers (which were tight with stock struts). I had the problem everyone else has with these. The car sat high, and I knocked the perches off myself ( The AGX is knock off not grind off, they are spot welded in three spots ). Then I drove the car, oh boy, talk about a bucking bronco! The front bounced insane ( and I did trim the bumpstops ) I got the 800# from summit for KYB. The technician was very nice. He admited the KYBs for 95+ were designed for the japanese Galant and not on the american eclipse frame. He stated the rears were fine. A replacement set would be in production in 6 mos. So I called summit. They gave me full credit towards some Koni adjustables and I ordered some Intrax springs as well. I canned the coils and am so much happier with the ride/drop. Point to the story, KYB sucks do not buy them for our year vehicle, Summit is the shizznit. They have the best customer service out there...nuff said...jd

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

KYB AGX mystery unfolded... [View all] , jdpilot, Jan-31-02 12:47 PM
  RE: KYB AGX mystery unfolded..., Teameclipse804, Jan-31-02 03:43 PM, #1
RE: KYB AGX mystery unfolded..., proDMD, Jan-31-02 06:55 PM, #2
      RE: KYB AGX mystery unfolded..., HadesOmega, Jan-31-02 07:06 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6283 Previous topic | Next topic