Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29034
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just installed Suspension.........Question" Previous topic | Next topic
gc8dc95Mar-25-06 04:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
385 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29034, "Just installed Suspension.........Question"

Ok, I just installed my rear suspension. The front is still up on jack stands because I am rebuilding my engine again. Anyway I have H&R Sport Spings with Tokico Illuminas. The question is when I press down lightly on the back it goes down really easy, is that normal? Also if I try I push down hard it wont go any farther. It only goes down maybe 1" or 2", then it gets stiff. Is this just because the springs need to settle a litte? Just has me a little worried.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi
Powered by NX wet kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ForceFed420aMar-25-06 04:50 PM
Member since Oct 18th 2004
620 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29035, "RE: Just installed Suspension.........Question"
In response to Reply # 0

They sounds like they're progressive rate springs. Are they? If they are, that's the whole point of them. They're easy to compress in the beginning, but then when pushing them hard, they stiffen up significantly. It makes for an easy ride most of the time, and then when you go around corners and stuff they act as stiffer springs.

Brian

Red 97 Eclipse GS (420a) MTX
Custom Garrett T3 Turbo system
Megasquirt w/52 lb/hr injectors & a Walbro 255
Kicker/Alpine Audio (3 amps, 2 subs)
90 Cav 2.2 TBI auto (winter) <- yeah, it's fast

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

gc8dc95Mar-25-06 04:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
385 posts,
#29036, "RE: Just installed Suspension.........Question"
In response to Reply # 1

Oh Ok. I guess I really wasnt thinking. That makes sense.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi