Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectJust installed Suspension.........Question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=29034
29034, Just installed Suspension.........Question
Posted by gc8dc95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, I just installed my rear suspension. The front is still up on jack stands because I am rebuilding my engine again. Anyway I have H&R Sport Spings with Tokico Illuminas. The question is when I press down lightly on the back it goes down really easy, is that normal? Also if I try I push down hard it wont go any farther. It only goes down maybe 1" or 2", then it gets stiff. Is this just because the springs need to settle a litte? Just has me a little worried.
29035, RE: Just installed Suspension.........Question
Posted by ForceFed420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They sounds like they're progressive rate springs. Are they? If they are, that's the whole point of them. They're easy to compress in the beginning, but then when pushing them hard, they stiffen up significantly. It makes for an easy ride most of the time, and then when you go around corners and stuff they act as stiffer springs.

Brian
29036, RE: Just installed Suspension.........Question
Oh Ok. I guess I really wasnt thinking. That makes sense.
29037, RE: Just installed Suspension.........Question
Posted by Murfsmaster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've never heard of the H&R springs being progressive weight springs. But that would make sense for your situation. It might have something to do with your struts too as you do have the adjustable ones. Maybe you can check the settings on the struts and see if they are set right??? Just an idea
29041, RE: Just installed Suspension.........Question
Yea they are adjustable, but even on the stiffest setting they do the same thing. So H&R's are not progressive?? If not then what is going on??
29068, RE: Just installed Suspension.........Question
Posted by DSM_John, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The springs are progressive, just take a look at them. If there is a variation in the amount of coils or the overall diameter, then it's progressive. The only linear springs I know of are the crummy 'coil-overs' which cost about $100. This effect will definitely happen regardless of the setting on your dampener too (these of course work in a linear fashion). Conclusion: it's normal, no worries.
I generated this page in 0.0092868804931641 seconds, executing 7 queries.