Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23079
View in linear mode

Subject: "Removing rear rotor" Previous topic | Next topic
SitinloMar-19-04 02:55 PM
Member since Aug 26th 2002
386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23079, "Removing rear rotor"

i have taken the caliper off and the bracket that holds the caliper on. I have freed them of the rust and everything. I can wiggle them back and forth but they wont come off. Is there anything else that holds them on? Need help asap!!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Removing rear rotor, GhEttOrAiD, Mar-19-04 03:10 PM, #1
RE: Removing rear rotor, GhEttOrAiD, Mar-19-04 05:02 PM, #2
      RE: Removing rear rotor, TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-19-04 07:50 PM, #3
           Removing rear rotor method:, TeamJasonESi_T, Mar-20-04 03:30 AM, #4
                RE: Removing rear rotor method:, Sorry_i_Win, Mar-20-04 04:53 PM, #5
                     RE: Removing rear rotor method:, Sitinlo, Mar-20-04 05:44 PM, #6
                          RE: Removing rear rotor method:, TeamJasonESi_T, Mar-21-04 02:21 PM, #7
                               RE: Removing rear rotor method:, Sorry_i_Win, Mar-24-04 05:57 AM, #8

GhEttOrAiDMar-19-04 03:10 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23080, "RE: Removing rear rotor"
In response to Reply # 0

I already told you why it wont come off!!

I'll check haynes when im home from work if no one has rsponded

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GhEttOrAiDMar-19-04 05:02 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
#23081, "RE: Removing rear rotor"
In response to Reply # 1

ok figure 5.6B on page 9-9

"To free a stuck disc, thread bolts of the appropriate size into the holes provided in the disc, then tighten them alternately a little at a time until the disc is free"

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

TeamJeff_99gsMar-19-04 07:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#23082, "RE: Removing rear rotor"
In response to Reply # 2

Or in my case, it just ripped two larger holes on each side of each rotor. That rocked. Out came the sledge..

TeamJasonESi_TMar-20-04 03:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#23083, "Removing rear rotor method:"
In response to Reply # 3

I do it like this everytime and not waste time any other way.

http://vfaq.com/mods/BrakeRotors.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Sorry_i_WinMar-20-04 04:53 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#23089, "RE: Removing rear rotor method:"
In response to Reply # 4

Make sure u release the parking brake. I've forgot to do that before and i beat on them all day with no luck. Release the brake and boom.. they practically fell off. LOL

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

SitinloMar-20-04 05:44 PM
Member since Aug 26th 2002
386 posts,
#23090, "RE: Removing rear rotor method:"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah i really feel like a DA. I had the parking brake up LOL they came right off after that. Im loving the 13" rotors on the front and the 11" rotors on the rear to Armond

TeamJasonESi_TMar-21-04 02:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#23116, "RE: Removing rear rotor method:"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Sitinlo
yeah i really feel like a DA. I had the parking brake up LOL they came right off after that. Im loving the 13" rotors on the front and the 11" rotors on the rear to Armond

Don't. Been there, done that. I've done that myself and struggled with the damn things for hours!! "Oh I wonder if dis-engaging the parking brake will help?" LOL

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Sorry_i_WinMar-24-04 05:57 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#23186, "RE: Removing rear rotor method:"
In response to Reply # 7

lol.. glad to hear that fixed ur problem. good luck with the new rotors.. I just did the gsx swap w/ crossdrilled/slotted rotors.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23079 Previous topic | Next topic