Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22888
View in linear mode

Subject: "Camber kit suggestion" Previous topic | Next topic
run4cvrMar-09-04 08:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2477 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22888, "Camber kit suggestion"

I finally got around to getting my alignment checked today after being lowered for 1.5 years and going through 2 sets of tires.

The shop says i am -2* front and rear. They adjusted the toe but said i will have continued tire wear with my camber off that much. The only tire wear i get is from the fronts. I will be doing the $15 camber mod, but want opinions on which camber kit to buy.

Should i get the SPC adjustable ball joints or the Ingalls adjustable anchor bolts kit? I will be installing them myself then taking it back to shop to get it fine adjusted.

John 96 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Camber kit suggestion, WickedESi, Mar-09-04 08:54 AM, #1
RE: Camber kit suggestion, run4cvr, Mar-09-04 09:18 AM, #2
RE: Camber kit suggestion, FuSi0N, Mar-09-04 09:43 AM, #3
RE: Camber kit suggestion, WickedESi, Mar-09-04 10:16 AM, #4
      RE: Camber kit suggestion, run4cvr, Mar-09-04 02:46 PM, #5
           RE: Camber kit suggestion, FuSi0N, Mar-10-04 05:59 AM, #6
                RE: Camber kit suggestion, Eagle 5, Mar-10-04 07:33 AM, #7
                RE: Camber kit suggestion, WickedESi, Mar-11-04 02:27 PM, #8

WickedESiMar-09-04 08:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22889, "RE: Camber kit suggestion"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-09-04 08:55 AM by WickedESi

Get the ingalls extreme adjustable anchor bolts, cheapest place I've found being www.groupbuycenter.com, vender: coximport. Get the $25 ingalls extreme rear kit instead of the $15 dollar one if you do anything besides drive your car in a straight line, http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=18406&mesg_id=18406&listing_type=search .

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

run4cvrMar-09-04 09:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2477 posts,
#22890, "RE: Camber kit suggestion"
In response to Reply # 1

Any reason for the anchor bolts over the ball joints? Ease of install or is it a preferred method? Just tying to make an educated decision because the shop was pushing for me to buy the ball joints.

John 96 GS

FuSi0NMar-09-04 09:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#22891, "RE: Camber kit suggestion"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-09-04 09:45 AM by FuSi0N

I have an ingalls front kit that I haven't installed yet, last time I tried I had a problem with the kit at it's fullest + correction. It seemed to extend the whole top portion of the "A" arm too far out to the point where the top of the ball joint would make contact with the top of the wheelwell, basically the car will sit on and hang on the ball joints and will look like the car is at stock height. I never got around to getting the problem resolved.

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

WickedESiMar-09-04 10:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22892, "RE: Camber kit suggestion"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-09-04 10:18 AM by WickedESi

Your suspension is going to be stronger not having an adjustable ball joint, but if you don't wanna do the below, then I wouldn't worry about that.

If you have to adjust for more than ~2* of camber using the anchor bolts you will need to use a die cutter, and trim the extra outter lip of the a-arm (at the peak closest to you, by the ball joint), if you look at it you will see what I'm talking about. I have also heard of people using it w/ extreme drops that just needed to take a BFH to make the inner side of the fender clear a little.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

run4cvrMar-09-04 02:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2477 posts,
#22899, "RE: Camber kit suggestion"
In response to Reply # 4

Ingalls it is. I have a die grinder and a BFH :p

John 96 GS

FuSi0NMar-10-04 05:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#22915, "RE: Camber kit suggestion"
In response to Reply # 5

Also keep in mind that Ingalls makes the kit with either rubber or plastic bushings.

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

Eagle 5Mar-10-04 07:33 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
479 posts,
#22917, "RE: Camber kit suggestion"
In response to Reply # 6

i lowered my car 2" and the front barely needed any adjustment, i just got the specilty products camber kit from RRE, only liek 40 dollars, adjusts up to 1 degree i think, the rear i just bought the longer bolts with the spacers, they still may be sligthly cmabered in but not enough really to notice or affect anything

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" ~ Ash
Member # 1523

WickedESiMar-11-04 02:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22959, "RE: Camber kit suggestion"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by FuSi0N
Also keep in mind that Ingalls makes the kit with either rubber or plastic bushings.

And also polyureathane! That's what I'm running on my car, just check out www.groupbuycenter.com for the best prices.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22888 Previous topic | Next topic