Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectCamber kit suggestion
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=22888
22888, Camber kit suggestion
Posted by run4cvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I finally got around to getting my alignment checked today after being lowered for 1.5 years and going through 2 sets of tires.

The shop says i am -2* front and rear. They adjusted the toe but said i will have continued tire wear with my camber off that much. The only tire wear i get is from the fronts. I will be doing the $15 camber mod, but want opinions on which camber kit to buy.

Should i get the SPC adjustable ball joints or the Ingalls adjustable anchor bolts kit? I will be installing them myself then taking it back to shop to get it fine adjusted.
22889, RE: Camber kit suggestion
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Get the ingalls extreme adjustable anchor bolts, cheapest place I've found being www.groupbuycenter.com, vender: coximport. Get the $25 ingalls extreme rear kit instead of the $15 dollar one if you do anything besides drive your car in a straight line, http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=18406&mesg_id=18406&listing_type=search .
22890, RE: Camber kit suggestion
Any reason for the anchor bolts over the ball joints? Ease of install or is it a preferred method? Just tying to make an educated decision because the shop was pushing for me to buy the ball joints.
22891, RE: Camber kit suggestion
Posted by FuSi0N, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have an ingalls front kit that I haven't installed yet, last time I tried I had a problem with the kit at it's fullest + correction. It seemed to extend the whole top portion of the "A" arm too far out to the point where the top of the ball joint would make contact with the top of the wheelwell, basically the car will sit on and hang on the ball joints and will look like the car is at stock height. I never got around to getting the problem resolved.
22892, RE: Camber kit suggestion
Your suspension is going to be stronger not having an adjustable ball joint, but if you don't wanna do the below, then I wouldn't worry about that.

If you have to adjust for more than ~2* of camber using the anchor bolts you will need to use a die cutter, and trim the extra outter lip of the a-arm (at the peak closest to you, by the ball joint), if you look at it you will see what I'm talking about. I have also heard of people using it w/ extreme drops that just needed to take a BFH to make the inner side of the fender clear a little.
22899, RE: Camber kit suggestion
Ingalls it is. I have a die grinder and a BFH :p
22915, RE: Camber kit suggestion
Posted by FuSi0N, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Also keep in mind that Ingalls makes the kit with either rubber or plastic bushings.
22917, RE: Camber kit suggestion
Posted by Eagle 5, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i lowered my car 2" and the front barely needed any adjustment, i just got the specilty products camber kit from RRE, only liek 40 dollars, adjusts up to 1 degree i think, the rear i just bought the longer bolts with the spacers, they still may be sligthly cmabered in but not enough really to notice or affect anything
22959, RE: Camber kit suggestion
Originally posted by FuSi0N
Also keep in mind that Ingalls makes the kit with either rubber or plastic bushings.

And also polyureathane! That's what I'm running on my car, just check out www.groupbuycenter.com for the best prices.
I generated this page in 0.015052080154419 seconds, executing 7 queries.