Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20949
View in linear mode

Subject: "anti sway bars" Previous topic | Next topic
98talonESiNov-06-03 06:07 PM
Member since Oct 26th 2003
27 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20949, "anti sway bars"

I was thinking of getting the suspesion technologies anti sway bars to complete my supsension package. They require a moutning kit for the rear bar correct?/ any additional info on tehm would be great/
-98talonESi

1998 Eagle Talon ESi
-AEM CAI
-Apexi N1 cat back exhaust
-Magnecor 8.5mm plug wires
-MSD Ignition coil pack
-Front & Rear Strut bars
-16x7in Konig Holes (graphite finish)
-205/45/16 Pirelli PZero Nero tires

16.050 @ 86.74 mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: anti sway bars, Dinkjs, Nov-06-03 06:16 PM, #1
RE: anti sway bars, MCubed45, Nov-07-03 12:13 AM, #2
      RE: anti sway bars, Dinkjs, Nov-07-03 04:34 AM, #3
           RE: anti sway bars, 98talonESi, Nov-07-03 04:42 AM, #4
                RE: anti sway bars, Nackers, Nov-07-03 07:01 AM, #5
                     RE: anti sway bars, Chamuko, Nov-10-03 01:00 PM, #6
                          RE: anti sway bars, Dinkjs, Nov-10-03 02:38 PM, #7
                               RE: anti sway bars, Chamuko, Nov-10-03 02:53 PM, #8
                                    RE: anti sway bars, Chamuko, Nov-13-03 01:15 PM, #9
                                         RE: anti sway bars, Dinkjs, Nov-14-03 04:34 AM, #10
                                              RE: anti sway bars, Chamuko, Nov-14-03 07:14 AM, #11
                                                   RE: anti sway bars, 96Eclipsed, Nov-14-03 09:09 AM, #12
                                                        RE: anti sway bars, Dinkjs, Nov-14-03 09:43 AM, #13
                                                             RE: anti sway bars, MCubed45, Nov-15-03 07:18 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: anti sway bars, Chamuko, Nov-15-03 09:21 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: anti sway bars, MCubed45, Nov-16-03 10:58 PM, #16

DinkjsNov-06-03 06:16 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2002
1035 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20950, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 0

3/4 inch front and back...you only need to mounting parts if your car didnt come with a rear sway bar......I just put on the Stillen sway bar kit....almost a inch up front and 3/4 inch in the back and they work beautifully....$175.00 for the set

Quarter mile drag racing is over rated

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MCubed45Nov-07-03 12:13 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#20960, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 1

anyone got the specs an prices to compare the stillen, ST, and RMDSM? i know the RM's were thicker than the ST's.. the stillen's kinda new if i'm not mistaken

-marc

DinkjsNov-07-03 04:34 AM
1035 posts,
#20965, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 2

I just gave the price for the Stillen....175 for the pair.....RMDSM is 300.00 and ST is like around 280.00

98talonESiNov-07-03 04:42 AM
Member since Oct 26th 2003
27 posts,
#20966, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 3

how would i be able to find out if my car has a rear sway bar, i mean, i guess i could look..lol. maybe i answered my own question.
-98talonESi

1998 Eagle Talon ESi
-AEM CAI
-Apexi N1 cat back exhaust
-Magnecor 8.5mm plug wires
-MSD Ignition coil pack
-Front & Rear Strut bars
-16x7in Konig Holes (graphite finish)
-205/45/16 Pirelli PZero Nero tires

16.050 @ 86.74 mph

NackersNov-07-03 07:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#20971, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 4

Well if you have a base model ESi then you don't have one. We just got the suspension techniques front and rear from www.modacar.com . They got them to us quickly but there weren't any new front brackets to accomidate the larger bar and larger bushing. I finally got one of the bushing/bracket combo's on, but the driver side is still not there. I wrapped it in electrical tape to quiet the noise of bar-on-bar action so Stef wouldn't get so annoyed.

If you need the part numbers for the rear, here is all the numbers you need:

2--- MR131754--- Rear control arm--- ~$100
4--- MF430123--- Nuts (no sick jokes michael)--- $4.64
4--- MA450993--- Washers--- $1.60
2--- MB844524--- Bolt--- $8.08
2--- MB844522--- Bolt--- $8.08
2--- MB515245--- Bracket (for sway bar)--- $14.20
4--- MF241251--- Bolt (for bracket)--- $4.56
4--- MB288653--- Nut (again, no sick jokes)--- $4.80
2--- MB892982--- Endlinks--- $33.28

These are all from Satan for a 97 GS-T. If you get the suspension techniques sway bars, they come with bushings so you will not need thoes. Other things you may want to pick-up are for the front just to make your life easier:

4--- MF241279--- Bolt (for bracket)--- $3.36
2--- MB808575--- Bracket (for sway bar)--- $16.40
4--- MB288653--- Nut (you know the drill)--- $4.80
2--- MB892981--- Endlinks--- $62.16

I think the only thing you would want to get if you want to make sure of no downtime are the endlinks and the nut (you know the drill) for the front because if your car is older, then you may round the nut holding the endlink on. If you do that, then you have to cut it off with a dremel (like I had to) and get new links anyway. Plus, having new stuff makes things so much easier.

Goodluck.

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

ChamukoNov-10-03 01:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#21007, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 5

so the factory one in the rear is 3/4 also? The stillen is not an upgrade for it?

I was about to post about the stillen bars too!

Now free shipping ! just got an email from them!

Please let me know.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

DinkjsNov-10-03 02:38 PM
1035 posts,
#21011, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 6

The rear is defently a beefier bar....but there isnt hardly any body roll....I love my Stillen's.....you defently cant go wrong with the Stillen's

ChamukoNov-10-03 02:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#21013, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 7

damn Thanks for the reply, I msgd you a while a go but your AIM isnt on... wheres the 2gnt love ma

Member # 751

(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

ChamukoNov-13-03 01:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#21047, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 8
Nov-13-03 01:53 PM by Chamuko

I just got my stillens.

Stillen

Front:.86in / 22mm
Back: .70in / 17.8mm

pretty close, but I have to compare them to the stock ones... Ill do that in a bit. Here are the stock, yes an improvement.

Stock

front: .67in/17.5mm
back: .46in/11.8mm

Member # 751

DinkjsNov-14-03 04:34 AM
1035 posts,
#21056, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 9

You will love them....best 175 bucks i have spent in a long time

ChamukoNov-14-03 07:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#21062, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 10

might I also add that they come with polyurethane bushings.

I hope so, I wont be able to tell what this by itself will improve.

Going in this week end also:

tokico illuminas
pro kits
Ingalls camber kits(maybe)
lower bars
sway bars
Neuspeed upper front bar (maybe)

on the car"
upper strut bars ( ebays)

Member # 751

96EclipsedNov-14-03 09:09 AM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1923 posts,
#21071, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 11

What do you guys recommend for my lowerd 96 RS?

weather turning towards a storm broken down road continue on coexistance imitating paradise
unlike any seen moist has been dancing crazy overcast ash grey wording constantly pushing pulling pushes away

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

drew back a rusty knife guilt ladle pour it on understand i burn inside how to get out of here how do you get out of this natures revenge nature
cage craving wonder the worth of it scream at the top of your lungs so many times tried not to wonder

DinkjsNov-14-03 09:43 AM
1035 posts,
#21072, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 12

well www.stillen.com is selling theres like i have said a few times for 175.00 and right now they are offering free shipping...so i recommend the stillen's

MCubed45Nov-15-03 07:18 AM
2706 posts,
#21081, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 13
Nov-15-03 07:33 AM by MCubed45

Front            Rear
Stock GS      19mm/.7500"     13mm/.5120"
Stock GST     19mm/.7500"     15mm/.5938"
Susp Tech     19mm/.7500"     19mm/.7500"
RMDSM       20.6mm/.8125"   17.5mm/.6875"

i think the ST was like mild steel whereas the stock bars are
spring steel. and the ST front was adjustable or somethin..

correct me if i'm wrong on any of the specs

anyone got the specs on the stillen?  would be nice to know
what exactly you're getting for your money... 

-marc

ChamukoNov-15-03 09:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#21083, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 14

I just posted the ACTUAL specs . took them with my caliper.

Member # 751

MCubed45Nov-16-03 10:58 PM
2706 posts,
#21100, "RE: anti sway bars"
In response to Reply # 15

[div class="dcquote"][i][b]Originally posted by
Chamuko[/i][/b]
I just posted the ACTUAL specs . took them with my caliper.
[/div]

lol sorry my bad i missed reading your reply earlier.. 
i wonder how come there's discrepancies w/ the specs that
RMDSM posts for the stock bars...  i wonder how accurate the
measurements on their bars are then..

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20949 Previous topic | Next topic