Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1977
View in linear mode

Subject: "Getting under a lowered car." Previous topic | Next topic
mikee97gsApr-24-01 03:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
117 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1977, "Getting under a lowered car."

I was thinkin of lowering my car, but just wondering if you can get under it once it is lowered.
Are there special jacks that will fit under the sides once lowered?
Or what should I do, or is it impossible without going to a body shop and having them lift it?
Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Getting under a lowered car., phatGS, Apr-24-01 03:35 PM, #1
RE: Getting under a lowered car., Armond30, Apr-24-01 03:37 PM, #2
RE: Getting under a lowered car., Armond30, Apr-24-01 03:38 PM, #3
RE: Getting under a lowered car., TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-24-01 03:47 PM, #4
      RE: Getting under a lowered car., Moderatorjuan, Apr-24-01 05:22 PM, #5
RE: Getting under a lowered car., emitsu97, Apr-24-01 11:58 PM, #6
RE: Getting under a lowered car., 99_GS, Apr-25-01 03:23 AM, #7
RE: Getting under a lowered car., DAVE_FL (Guest), Apr-25-01 04:43 AM, #8
      RE: Getting under a lowered car., cyan, Apr-25-01 05:01 AM, #9
           RE: Getting under a lowered car., phatGS, Apr-25-01 03:28 PM, #10
           RE: Getting under a lowered car., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-25-01 03:42 PM, #11
                RE: Getting under a lowered car., Kahn, Apr-25-01 04:31 PM, #12
                     RE: Getting under a lowered car., klipzracer, Apr-26-01 02:30 AM, #13
           RE: Getting under a lowered car., DAVE_FL (Guest), Apr-26-01 12:10 PM, #14

phatGSApr-24-01 03:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1978, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 0

I'd sure like to get a special jack of sorts to use, i have to drive up on stuff in order to lift the car enough to get a jack under it, not very convenient, oh well, guess that's the price you pay for handling performance/looks.

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM CAI w/ bypass
Maxspeed Coilovers
Pilot FU STB
Best ET: 17.243 @ 80.67 mph

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Armond30Apr-24-01 03:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#1979, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 0

you drive up one wheel on a wooden block, then stick a jack under the car.

bring it on............

Armond30Apr-24-01 03:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#1980, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 0

you drive up one wheel on a wooden block, then stick a jack under the car.

bring it on............

TeamMichael_97RSApr-24-01 03:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1981, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 3

How bad is it? How close does a hydrolic jack get to fitting under?

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar, TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

ModeratorjuanApr-24-01 05:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#1982, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 4

I use the emergency jack to raise one side a couple inches, then slide my floor jack under. Also, I use a small block of wood or two between the jack and the car, gives it a bit more lift before putting in the jack stands (just make sure its sturdy).

juan

emitsu97Apr-24-01 11:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
63 posts,
#1983, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 0

What's everyone's setup? I was thinking of going Prokits but if the 1.5" drop is gonna screw me up getting on to lifts and under my car than I'm going to have to rethink the whole thing.

99_GSApr-25-01 03:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
100 posts,
#1984, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 6

I have the sportlines which drop it I think lower the the prokit and the 3X I had to drive onto a lift, the 1st time they put to blocks down no problem .. the 2nd time no blocks.. I sorta scraped in the middle going on.. but came off fine. And the 3rd time I went on and off fine. The other few times they had the other style life which has the four arms that just swing under.

99_GS
ICQ# 40424747

DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-25-01 04:43 AM

#1985, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 6

If you don't want any trouble jacking up your ride buy a F150 or something. It is part of having a car that looks and handles good. I dont mind driving my car up onto a block to jack it up.

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
Eibach Pro Kit
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

cyanApr-25-01 05:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1986, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 8

i cant believe you guys are saying you cant fit a jack under your cars...come on...i have a body kit and im dropped 4 inches and all i have to do is put the regular jack under the car, lift it a little and then put the hydraulic one under there. all the eibach-springed, stock body kit-havin guys can fit jacks under there no problem.

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

phatGSApr-25-01 03:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#1987, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 9

I've got my coilovers ALMOST all the way down, I just have to drive one wheel up on something (wooden block, etc.) to get the hydraulic floor jack under, not really a big deal.

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM CAI w/ bypass
Maxspeed Coilovers
Pilot FU STB
Best ET: 17.243 @ 80.67 mph

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-25-01 03:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1988, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 10

I have someone from the shop lift each corner of my car while I slide the lift under. I have never had any trouble what so ever getting a jack under my car though.

ICQ #2199879
AOL - EvuLFleA
stillk@geocites.com

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

KahnApr-25-01 04:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
#1989, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 11

There is a special jack - I saw it advertised in Super Street - it is electric too - plug it into your cigarette lighter and it lifts up the car - pretty neat (it was like 80 bucks though)

2003 VW GTI 1.8t.. I used to have a 95 Eclipse but well...water sucks.

klipzracerApr-26-01 02:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#1990, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 12

wood block technique used here!

Chris
Project RS
Uncle Ben's Motorsports
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-26-01 12:10 PM

#1991, "RE: Getting under a lowered car."
In response to Reply # 9

LAST EDITED ON 26-Apr-01 AT 05:11 PM (PST)

I am not talking about that shitty stock jack. I was talking about the hydraulic ones. I cant get to my stock one without taking out my speaker box (which weighs 85 pounds).

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
Eibach Pro Kit
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1977 Previous topic | Next topic