Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16726
View in linear mode

Subject: "H&R springs and Tokico blues..." Previous topic | Next topic
NappyEclipseMar-30-03 08:22 AM
Member since Jun 14th 2002
65 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16726, "H&R springs and Tokico blues..."

Hey,

I have the chance to buy H&R race springs with tokico blues for $200...The set is 2 months old...Is this a good deal? Also, I just got on 17's w/215 45 17 tires...Am I gonna have problems with the tires rubbing? Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to this kinda stuff. Thanks!

-Justin-
97 Eclipse GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Jesters EclipseMar-30-03 08:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16727, "RE: H&R springs and Tokico blues..."
In response to Reply # 0

I had the same set up on my car for a while except that I had 18's. I didnt have any problems, so you should be fine. If you have a front ground effect you might want to reconsider tho. I was scraping whenever I would have to pull in or out of a driveway. Thats the only reason I switched suspension.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fasterGSMar-30-03 09:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16728, "RE: H&R springs and Tokico blues..."
In response to Reply # 1

With that setup my car was very low... those springs are more than a 2" drop like they claim to be. Handling was awesome though, I had to really get stupid to break the tires loose.

BlitZEclipseMar-30-03 10:13 AM
Member since Dec 03rd 2001
320 posts,
#16729, "RE: H&R springs and Tokico blues..."
In response to Reply # 2

I have that set up and love it, it's not too low for my taste and i have no problems scraping or things like that, it rides well and it handles like a champ.

Ryan

xEclipsE RaceRxMar-30-03 10:45 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#16731, "RE: H&R springs and Tokico blues..."
In response to Reply # 3

DIAMN $200 TOTAL? Thats a great buy, i spent $210 for the Race Springs, and $280 for the Tokico shocks, man you better jump on that! I love the stance, its perfect, but dont plan on gettin a rsdsm lip, you wont be able to driveanywhere.

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/VIS%20CF%20Hood/

NappyEclipseMar-31-03 02:47 AM
Member since Jun 14th 2002
65 posts,
#16735, "RE: H&R springs and Tokico blues..."
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks for all the responses guys...Yeah i'll probably get that setup then cuz it seems like a great price. I'm a little worried though cuz I live in NYC and we don't have great roads here. My main concern was having problems with the tires rubbing though. Hey xeclipseracerx nice rims bro...I got the same ones but in white on my ride.

-Justin-
97 eclipse gs

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16726 Previous topic | Next topic