Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectH&R springs and Tokico blues...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=16726
16726, H&R springs and Tokico blues...
Posted by NappyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey,

I have the chance to buy H&R race springs with tokico blues for $200...The set is 2 months old...Is this a good deal? Also, I just got on 17's w/215 45 17 tires...Am I gonna have problems with the tires rubbing? Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to this kinda stuff. Thanks!

-Justin-
97 Eclipse GS
16727, RE: H&R springs and Tokico blues...
Posted by Jesters Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had the same set up on my car for a while except that I had 18's. I didnt have any problems, so you should be fine. If you have a front ground effect you might want to reconsider tho. I was scraping whenever I would have to pull in or out of a driveway. Thats the only reason I switched suspension.
16728, RE: H&R springs and Tokico blues...
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
With that setup my car was very low... those springs are more than a 2" drop like they claim to be. Handling was awesome though, I had to really get stupid to break the tires loose.
16729, RE: H&R springs and Tokico blues...
Posted by BlitZEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have that set up and love it, it's not too low for my taste and i have no problems scraping or things like that, it rides well and it handles like a champ.

Ryan
16731, RE: H&R springs and Tokico blues...
Posted by xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
DIAMN $200 TOTAL? Thats a great buy, i spent $210 for the Race Springs, and $280 for the Tokico shocks, man you better jump on that! I love the stance, its perfect, but dont plan on gettin a rsdsm lip, you wont be able to driveanywhere.

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/VIS%20CF%20Hood/
16735, RE: H&R springs and Tokico blues...
Posted by NappyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys...Yeah i'll probably get that setup then cuz it seems like a great price. I'm a little worried though cuz I live in NYC and we don't have great roads here. My main concern was having problems with the tires rubbing though. Hey xeclipseracerx nice rims bro...I got the same ones but in white on my ride.

-Justin-
97 eclipse gs
I generated this page in 0.0089519023895264 seconds, executing 7 queries.