Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #793
View in linear mode

Subject: "MS'ed now" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-16-05 06:48 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#793, "MS'ed now"
May-16-05 06:49 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Well got as far as firing up the MS tonight......warms up. Idles rough. My AFR at idle is 12.9. I cant get it down to 14.7 without it running like crap. That's only with 5mins of trying though. I need to work with the ve table, fuel pressure is still at 50psi so i could lower that to make things easier on the injectors.

I need to run through the tuning manual and work on it tomarrow when i have more time.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MS'ed now, whodatt1, May-17-05 03:45 AM, #1
RE: MS'ed now, TeamXtremeRS, May-17-05 07:31 AM, #2
RE: MS'ed now, Teametx, May-17-05 08:03 AM, #3
      RE: MS'ed now, TeamXtremeRS, May-17-05 09:00 AM, #4
           RE: MS'ed now, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-17-05 09:53 AM, #5
                RE: MS'ed now, Teamdougie2, May-17-05 11:11 AM, #6
                     RE: MS'ed now, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-17-05 12:48 PM, #7
                          RE: MS'ed now, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-25-05 02:58 PM, #8
                               RE: MS'ed now, TeamXtremeRS, May-25-05 03:44 PM, #9
                                    RE: MS'ed now, Teamner947, May-25-05 06:02 PM, #10

whodatt1May-17-05 03:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#794, "RE: MS'ed now"
In response to Reply # 0

cool! now I hate you, i will be stealing it at the meet this saturday. :p

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSMay-17-05 07:31 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#805, "RE: MS'ed now"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Well got as far as firing up the MS tonight......warms up. Idles rough. My AFR at idle is 12.9. I cant get it down to 14.7 without it running like crap. That's only with 5mins of trying though. I need to work with the ve table, fuel pressure is still at 50psi so i could lower that to make things easier on the injectors. I need to run through the tuning manual and work on it tomarrow when i have more time. Terry

Hey Terry, what size injectors you running? With my 680's, I run about 35 psi of fuel pressure at idle. This helps the injector resolution at idle at bit, running those low of PW's. You prob need to play around with the warmup enrichment settings also. My car can idle fine with that low of A/F though, and it will start to run crappy at around 15.5-16.0:1 from being too lean. Smoothest idle A/F i've found(at least the leanest A/F anyway) is around 13.8. YOu will get a smoother idle slightly richer than stoich.

I think the meet this weekend will be MS tuning adventures haha

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

TeametxMay-17-05 08:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#807, "RE: MS'ed now"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by XtremeRS
I think the meet this weekend will be MS tuning adventures haha

Mabye I should come show you guys how it's done.

TeamXtremeRSMay-17-05 09:00 AM
6329 posts,
#808, "RE: MS'ed now"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by etx
Originally posted by XtremeRS I think the meet this weekend will be MS tuning adventures haha
Mabye I should come show you guys how it's done.

Hahah yeah, get out to GR Saturday and we can roll out man! Chris is going to let me know if he can go..Kent should be riding along with me to..get some good tuning time in then eh

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-17-05 09:53 AM
8331 posts,
#813, "RE: MS'ed now"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah i got it to 13.5 last night at 3am. The stocker was able to achieve 14.7 which is my goal. I know its tough to expect stock results from aftermarket...

I will work on my Fuel pressure today. I started looking at mstweak.... Kinda lost with that at this point. I am working on the Idle at fully warm so I am not dealing with the Warmup at this point.

I cant wait to see what tunig you have under your belt Matt, should make things a bit easier.

Terry

Teamdougie2May-17-05 11:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#815, "RE: MS'ed now"
In response to Reply # 5
May-17-05 11:12 AM by dougie2

You don't need MSTweak... I don't think it's fully compatible with MSnS-E code yet and it also has a bad habit of throwing your VE map to the lean side. Use MegaTune's Datalogger and MegaSquirt Log Visual Viewer (MSLVV) to assist while tuning.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-17-05 12:48 PM
8331 posts,
#820, "RE: MS'ed now"
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks doug i will give that a shot. I have noticed some of the features are not available yet in mstweak.

Terry

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-25-05 02:58 PM
8331 posts,
#887, "RE: MS'ed now"
In response to Reply # 7

Well i have had the eclipse out for the past 2 days and it runs good. i have a few dataloggs to tune, at 5 psi i am no richer than 11.0:1. Not bad for a rough map that i copied off Nate's settings.

MSTWEAK works ok i used it for my lower rpm map and its pretty good, not lean really, works pretty nice actually.

Terry

TeamXtremeRSMay-25-05 03:44 PM
6329 posts,
#888, "RE: MS'ed now"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Well i have had the eclipse out for the past 2 days and it runs good. i have a few dataloggs to tune, at 5 psi i am no richer than 11.0:1. Not bad for a rough map that i copied off Nate's settings. MSTWEAK works ok i used it for my lower rpm map and its pretty good, not lean really, works pretty nice actually. Terry

Good job man! At 5 psi, get that A/F to around 12.8- 13.0:1, and it will pull a LOT harder. 10 psi around 12.5:1 seems to work good too. Keep the 022i6 code you are running now, as that code seems to be working better for me. Idle A/F is much more stable with that code(13.5-14.5) Going to keep stock ignition hooked up until I get my VE map and other settings all squared away..was getting too frustrated with the whole deal

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Teamner947May-25-05 06:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#890, "RE: MS'ed now"
In response to Reply # 9

Yeah, that's the best way to tune the VE table - keep the stock ignition hooked up until you're satisifed. I consider "satisified" as being able to run it in open loop at any manifold pressure and not break anything if you have to, like if you loose your wideband or something. I've discovered that an untuned spark table makes tuning the VE table more difficult.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #793 Previous topic | Next topic