Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5152
View in linear mode

Subject: "pigtail id?" Previous topic | Next topic
2point4Feb-08-11 11:37 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2004
406 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5152, "pigtail id?"

Here's the deal, i've run myself into a small issue. while i was rebuilding, i relocated my ecu to sit under the pass seat and my fuse box behind the driver's. i have all the wiring and sensors set up, minus one that i've forgotten where it goes. i've searched around for the ecu pinouts as previous posts stated they are in the info&specs section... i haven't found what i need. its the pigtail end of a 3 prong connector. 97 car btw, and wire colors are solid brown, black with red stripe, and black with blue stripe. part number on it is 52772-A1. any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: pigtail id?, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-09-11 04:32 AM, #1
RE: pigtail id?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-10-11 01:50 PM, #2
      RE: pigtail id?, 2point4, Feb-15-11 12:08 PM, #3
           RE: pigtail id?, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-15-11 12:13 PM, #4
                RE: pigtail id?, 420agreenvilleSC, Feb-15-11 03:03 PM, #5
                     RE: pigtail id?, 2point4, Feb-15-11 09:01 PM, #6
                          RE: pigtail id?, 420agreenvilleSC, Feb-16-11 11:12 AM, #7
                               RE: pigtail id?, 2point4, Feb-18-11 10:36 PM, #8
                                    RE: pigtail id?, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-19-11 07:58 AM, #9

AdministratorCODE4Feb-09-11 04:32 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5153, "RE: pigtail id?"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-09-11 04:39 AM by CODE4

Not familiar with that part number, nor does it seem to be in the format of a standard Chrysler part. You mentioned looking at the ECU pinouts - did you attempt to back trace the unknown wires to the ECU connector? What pins they correspond to? Those three wire colors exist on the ignition coil pigtail. On a 97 it is a rectangular pigtail with the safety red locking mechanism preventing it from accidentally disconnection. It is the same connector used on the crank sensor, cam sensor, and VSS. The primary difference, in addition to the wire colors, is pin 2 (center wire) will be a 14 gauge power wire rather than the an 18 gauge wire found on sensor plugs.

Pictures will help, please post one up.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorbullettdsmFeb-10-11 01:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#5154, "RE: pigtail id?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4
Pictures will help, please post one up.

^ This for the answer.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

2point4Feb-15-11 12:08 PM
406 posts,
#5155, "RE: pigtail id?"
In response to Reply # 2

must have made an error then, i have the connector with wire colors, solid yellow, brown, and blue with white stripe plugged into the cam sensor. its close to the tb sensors on the harness so it made sense that it would be for the cam. am i wrong?

by pinouts, i meant the wiring diagram that lists the wire colors as they come from the ecu. i pulled up the fsm on dino's sig but they are a bit illegible for what i need.

AdministratorCODE4Feb-15-11 12:13 PM
2552 posts,
#5156, "RE: pigtail id?"
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-15-11 12:21 PM by CODE4

Again, are you going to post a picture so we can accurately know what we are helping you with?

What wire colors are you trying to find out about? The second set of colors you just posted are the ones found the crank sensor pigtail.

The ECU pinout #s and wire colors available in the wiki. The camshaft pigtail should have the following colors: black/green, yellow, and blue/red.

Originally posted by 2point4
wire colors are solid brown, black with red stripe, and black with blue stripe. part number on it is 52772-A1. any assistance is greatly appreciated.

What about this connector? You did not address this one at all.

---

2012 2500HD LML

420agreenvilleSCFeb-15-11 03:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#5157, "RE: pigtail id?"
In response to Reply # 4

picture or stfu. LOL. for real though, get a freakn picture up. this coulda been handled days ago

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

2point4Feb-15-11 09:01 PM
406 posts,
#5158, "RE: pigtail id?"
In response to Reply # 5

listen here douchebag, i don't have a digicam at the moment, so i had to wait until my roommate got home to use his iphone.

420agreenvilleSCFeb-16-11 11:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#5159, "RE: pigtail id?"
In response to Reply # 6

listen here douchebag

That's not very wise to say if you're requesting advice. Just get a pic up

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

2point4Feb-18-11 10:36 PM
406 posts,
#5160, "RE: pigtail id?"
In response to Reply # 7

hey bud, my bad for the "db" line... at first glance i didn't see the LOL tacked on the back of that STFU. i can be the "gets a little too passionate in confrontational situations" guy sometimes. anyway, i finally found what i needed here:

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=130749&mode=full

thanks for the info gents!

AdministratorCODE4Feb-19-11 07:58 AM
2552 posts,
#5161, "RE: pigtail id?"
In response to Reply # 8

hey bud, my bad for the "db" line... at first glance i didn't see the LOL tacked on the back of that STFU. i can be the "gets a little too passionate in confrontational situations" guy sometimes. anyway, i finally found what i needed here: http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=130749&mode=full thanks for the info gents!

You still have not posted up what your actual problem is. And I am not sure what you found in that link as the member was asking for verification on the information he posted and there is an error in it.

I gave you the wire colors specifically for the coil pigtail and the cam sensor pigtail, as the colors you posted for it were not correct.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5152 Previous topic | Next topic